Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Design and Process
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Design and Process Course Overview:
The two-day instructor-led Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Design and Process class is designed to empower students in building highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud by leveraging proven design patterns. It is a continuation of either the Architecting with Google Compute Engine or Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine course and assumes participants have hands-on experience with the technologies covered in those courses.
Throughout the class, a combination of presentations, design activities, and hands-on labs will be used to guide participants. They will learn how to define and balance both business and technical requirements to design Google Cloud deployments that are characterized by high reliability, high availability, strong security, and cost-effectiveness.
The course emphasizes practical application, allowing participants to gain valuable experience in designing solutions using Google Cloud. By the end of the course, students will have developed the skills and knowledge needed to design robust and optimized Google Cloud deployments, taking into account key considerations such as reliability, availability, security, and cost-efficiency.
- Cloud Solutions Architects, Systems Operations professionals, Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
- Apply a tool set of questions, techniques, and design considerations
- Define application requirements and express them objectively as KPIs, SLOs and SLIs
- Decompose application requirements to find the right microservice boundaries
- Leverage Google Cloud developer tools to set up modern, automated deployment pipelines•Choose the appropriate Cloud Storage services based on application requirements•Architect cloud and hybrid networks
- Implement reliable, scalable, resilient applications balancing key performance metrics with cost
- Choose the right Google Cloud deployment services for your applications
- Secure cloud applications, data, and infrastructure
- Monitor service level objectives and costs using Google Cloud tools
Module 1: Defining the Service
- Describe users in terms of roles and personas
- Write qualitative requirements with user stories
- Write quantitative requirements using key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Evaluate KPIs using SLOs and SLIs
- Determine the quality of application requirements using SMART criteria
Module 2: Microservice Design and Architecture
- Decompose monolithic applications into microservices
- Recognize appropriate microservice boundaries
- Architect stateful and stateless services to optimize scalability and reliability
- Implement services using 12-factor best practices
- Build loosely coupled services by implementing a well-designed REST architecture
- Design consistent, standard RESTful service APIs
Module 3: DevOps Automation
- Automate service deployment using CI/CD pipelines
- Leverage Cloud Source Repositories for source and version control
- Automate builds with Cloud Build and build triggers
- Manage container images with Google Container Registry
- Create infrastructure with code using Deployment Manager and Terraform
Module 4: Choosing Storage Solutions
- Choose the appropriate Google Cloud data storage service based on use case, durability, availability, scalability and cost
- Store binary data with Cloud Storage
- Store relational data using Cloud SQL and Spanner
- Store NoSQL data using Firestore and Cloud Bigtable
- Cache data for fast access using Memorystore
- Build a data warehouse using BigQuery
Module 5: Google Cloud and Hybrid Network Architecture
- Design VPC networks to optimize for cost, security, and performance
- Configure global and regional load balancers to provide access to services
- Leverage Cloud CDN to provide lower latency and decrease network egress
- Evaluate network architecture using the Cloud Network Intelligence Center
- Connect networks using peering and VPNs
- Create hybrid networks between Google Cloud and on-premises data centers using Cloud Interconnect
Module 6: Deploying Applications to Google Cloud
- Choose the appropriate Google Cloud deployment service for your applications
- Configure scalable, resilient infrastructure using Instance Templates and Groups
- Orchestrate microservice deployments using Kubernetes and GKE
- Leverage App Engine for a completely automated platform as a service (PaaS)
- Create serverless applications using Cloud Functions
Module 7: Designing Reliable Systems
- Design services to meet requirements for availability, durability, and scalability
- Implement fault-tolerant systems by avoiding single points of failure, correlated failures, and cascading failures
- Avoid overload failures with the circuit breaker and truncated exponential backoff design patterns
- Design resilient data storage with lazy deletion
- Analyze disaster scenarios and plan for disaster recovery using cost/risk analysis
Module 8: Security
- Design secure systems using best practices like separation of concerns, principle of least privilege, and regular audits
- Leverage Cloud Security Command Center to help identify vulnerabilities
- Simplify cloud governance using organizational policies and folders
- Secure people using IAM roles, Identity-Aware Proxy, and Identity Platform
- Manage the access and authorization of resources by machines and processes using service accounts
- Secure networks with private IPs, firewalls, and Private Google Access
- Mitigate DDoS attacks by leveraging Cloud DNS and Cloud Armor
Module 9: Maintenance and Monitoring
- Manage new service versions using rolling updates, blue/green deployments, and canary releases
- Forecast, monitor, and optimize service cost using the Google Cloud pricing calculator and billing reports and by analyzing billing data
- Observe whether your services are meeting their SLOs using Cloud Monitoring and Dashboards
- Use Uptime Checks to determine service availability
- Respond to service outages using Cloud Monitoring Alerts
- Have completed Architecting with Google Compute Engine, Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine, or have equivalent experience
- Have basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Have systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
Q: What is the “Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Design and Process” course?
A: “Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Design and Process” is a training course that focuses on teaching participants how to design and architect solutions using Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The course covers various design principles, best practices, and processes for creating robust and scalable architectures on GCP.
Q: Who is this course suitable for?
A: This course is suitable for solution architects, system administrators, IT professionals, and anyone interested in designing and architecting solutions on Google Cloud Platform. It is designed for individuals who have a basic understanding of GCP services and want to gain expertise in architecting reliable and efficient cloud solutions.
Q: What topics are covered in this course?
A: This course covers a range of topics, including understanding GCP architectural principles, designing highly available and scalable architectures, implementing secure and compliant solutions, selecting appropriate GCP services for specific use cases, optimizing performance and cost, and managing the architectural lifecycle.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for this course?
A: Participants should have a fundamental understanding of cloud computing concepts and familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services. Prior experience with GCP and knowledge of basic networking and storage concepts is beneficial but not mandatory.
Q: What are the key skills and knowledge gained from this course?
A: By completing this course, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to design and architect solutions on Google Cloud Platform. They will learn how to apply architectural best practices, design for high availability and scalability, implement security and compliance measures, select appropriate GCP services, optimize performance and cost, and effectively manage the architectural lifecycle.
Q: Is there any certification associated with this course?
A: This course is not directly associated with a specific certification. However, the knowledge and skills acquired through this course can be beneficial for individuals pursuing various Google Cloud certifications, such as the “Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect” or “Google Cloud Certified – Associate Cloud Engineer” certifications.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!