AWS Security Governance at Scale
Duration: 1 day (8 Hours)
AWS Security Governance at Scale Course Overview:
Security is a fundamental aspect of AWS, and governance at scale introduces a concept of automating cloud governance to streamline processes such as account management, budget enforcement, security, and compliance. This automation helps organizations retire manual processes, allowing them to scale without compromising agility, speed, or innovation. It also offers decision-makers the necessary visibility, control, and governance to safeguard sensitive data and systems.
In this course, participants will learn how to foster developer speed and agility while incorporating preventive and detective controls for enhanced security. By the end of the course, participants will have the ability to apply governance best practices, ensuring a robust and secure environment for their AWS infrastructure.
Course level: Intermediate
This course is intended for:
- Solutions architects, security DevOps, and security engineers
- Instructor introduction
- Learning objectives
- Course structure and objectives
- Course logistics and agenda
Module 1: Governance at Scale
- Governance at scale focal points
- Business and Technical Challenges
Module 2: Governance Automation
- Multi-account strategies, guidance, and architecture
- Environments for agility and governance at scale
- Governance with AWS Control Tower
- Use cases for governance at scale
Module 3: Preventive Controls
- Enterprise environment challenges for developers
- AWS Service Catalog
- Resource creation
- Workflows for provisioning accounts
- Preventive cost and security governance
- Self-service with existing IT service management (ITSM) tools
Lab 1: Deploy Resources for AWS Catalog
- Create a new AWS Service Catalog portfolio and product.
- Add an IAM role to a launch constraint to limit the actions the product can perform.
- Grant access for an IAM role to view the catalog items.
- Deploy an S3 bucket from an AWS Service Catalog product.
Module 4: Detective Controls
- Operations aspect of governance at scale
- Resource monitoring
- Configuration rules for auditing
- Operational insights
- Clean up accounts
Lab 2: Compliance and Security Automation with AWS Config
- Apply Managed Rules through AWS Config to selected resources
- Automate remediation based on AWS Config rules
- Investigate the Amazon Config dashboard and verify resources and rule compliance
Lab 3: Taking Action with AWS Systems Manager
- Setup Resource Groups for various resources based on common requirements
- Perform automated actions against targeted Resource Groups
Module 5: Resources
Explore additional resources for security governance at scale
AWS Security Governance at Scale Course Prerequisites:
Before attending this course, participants should have completed the following:
- AWS Security Fundamentals course
- AWS Security Essentials course
- AWS Cloud Management Assessment
- Introduction to AWS Control Tower course
- Automated Landing Zone course
- Introduction to AWS Service Catalog course
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!