BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials Course Overview:
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials is a prominent professional certification in the realm of data management. It attests to a practitioner’s expertise in vital data management facets encompassing data governance, data quality, data modeling, and data privacy. This certification holds significant value across industries, serving as a benchmark for assessing a professional’s adeptness in navigating and overseeing intricate data systems. Possessing this certificate signifies the individual’s capacity to proficiently design, execute, and administer diverse data systems. As a result, it is frequently a prerequisite for roles associated with data management, analysis, and data-informed decision-making.
• Professionals in IT, data, or business analysts roles
• Individuals managing or working with data on a regular basis
• Team leaders or managers overseeing data management projects
• Professionals wanting to improve their data management skills
• Individuals seeking a formal qualification in data management.
Learning Objectives of BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials:
The learning objectives of the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials course are to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of key data management disciplines. Students will learn about data governance, data quality, data modelling, data protection, and data warehousing and learn how to apply these principles in their businesses. They will gain an in-depth knowledge of concepts such as data stewardship, data lifecycle, metadata management, and improve their skills in managing data resources effectively. The course aims to equip students with a robust foundation of data management principles and best practices.
Module 1: Data Management Introduction
- The role / authority of data management
- The Data Charter
- Roles and responsibilities within data management
- Data Architecture concepts
- Data Management tools and techniques
Module 2: Data Administration
- Data analysis and data usage
- Data definition
- Metadata principles
- Quality assurance and naming conventions
- Ensuring data integrity
- Managing data replication
- Data privacy, security and recovery
- Impact of packages on data administration
- Data Modelling (project vs. corporate)
- Functional analysis role
- Data over time’ issues
Module 3: Database Administration
- Physical Data design
- Design of non-traditional databases
- DBMS selection
- Managing the DBMS
- Performance measurement and tuning
- Distributed DBMS issues
- Client / Server issues
Module 4: Repository Information
- The role of the data dictionary
- Project vs. corporate dictionary issues
- Data dictionary and repository product features
- Change control
- Securing the data dictionary
Module 5: The Scope of the Data Management Function
- ‘Structured Data’ operational systems
- Data warehousing, OLAP and Data Mining systems
- Multi-media systems
- Internet and Intranet-based systems
- Object Management
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials Course Prerequisites
- Basic understanding of data management concepts
- Prior experience in a data-related role
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality, and data privacy principles
- Familiarity with data architecture and operations
- Understanding of data modelling and database design
- Proficiency in data analytics and data-related software tools.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!