BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management Course Overview:
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management stands as a formal endorsement of an individual’s adeptness in skillfully overseeing digital products. This certification hones in on vital proficiencies including product strategy, customer insights, feasibility assessment, concept testing, and product launches. It principally functions as an official validation of a candidate’s competency in effectively managing cross-functional teams and harnessing emerging technologies. Industries commonly integrate this certification into their hiring criteria, ensuring that product managers possess the acumen to navigate intricate market dynamics and spearhead digital transformation endeavors. Consequently, it stands as an optimal credential for professionals aspiring to elevate their careers in digital product management.
• Professionals in the digital product industry looking for career advancement.
• Individuals aspiring to switch to digital product management roles.
• Technology consulting professionals wanting to expand their skillset.
• Digital product team members desiring certified industry recognition.
• Innovation managers keen on better understanding of digital product management.
Learning Objectives of BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management:
The learning objectives of the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management course include:
- Cultivating a profound comprehension of digital product management methodology and its practical implementations.
- Concentrating on vital aspects like strategic planning, execution, product lifecycle management, market research, user experience, data-driven decision making, and agile methodologies.
- Equipping students with indispensable skills encompassing prioritization, stakeholder management, road-mapping, and presentation capabilities crucial for effective digital product management.
- Enabling a thorough understanding of ethical considerations, regulatory compliance, and the seamless integration of emerging technologies.
Module 1: Effective stakeholder management and communication techniques
- Describe the role of the Product Manager.
- Identify stakeholder categories using the stakeholder wheel.
- Apply effective methods to communicate with stakeholders at various levels.
- Apply the power/interest grid to categorise stakeholders.
- Choose an appropriate stakeholder management strategy
- Explain the importance and methods of gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Apply problem solving techniques.
Module 2: Analyse the internal and external environment and undertake market analysis.
- Analyse the business environment using an appropriate framework.
- Explain the importance of alignment between commercial considerations and overarching business strategy.
- Explain how the organisation’s IT environment supports product development, delivery and marketing activities.
- Apply legal requirements, legislation and organisational guidelines relevant to digital product development.
- Prepare an analysis using Porter’s value chain.
- Apply customer research methodologies taking into account the diversity of the target market.
- Analyse the market to determine its size.
- Prepare and monitor budgets to manage costs and maximise revenue
- Apply data analysis to evaluate research findings
Module 3: The product delivery lifecycle.
- Create a product roadmap.
- Explain the purpose of a vision for the product and the organisation.
- Create and apply personas to inform decision making
- Analyse the stages of the product delivery lifecycle.
- Describe the concept of pivoting.
- Apply risk management techniques throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Apply appropriate quality assurance and quality control methods
- Choose appropriate testing methods to evaluate compliance with product requirements.
- Analyse metrics to monitor product performance
Module 4: Product development techniques.
- Apply prioritisation techniques.
- Apply product development techniques.
- Create business cases, user stories and use cases.
- Explain the concept of minimum viable product
- Describe various prototyping approaches
- Explain what sustainable product development is
- Describe the key features of different coding languages and use terminology associated with coding
Module 5: Methods and techniques of marketing.
- Analyse the different types of user acquisition models
- Describe concepts used to promote a product into the market.
- Describe digital marketing techniques.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of various advertising methods
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Digital Product Management Course Prerequisites
• Basic understanding of digital product management concepts
• Knowledge in strategic decision making related to digital products
• Exposure to Agile methodologies
• Familiarity with user experience (UX) design and analytics
• Professional experience in a product management related role.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!