BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes Course Overview:
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes, awarded by the British Computer Society, validates expertise in business process modeling. This credential underscores fundamental principles including business process enhancement, measurement, modeling conventions, and governance. Industries leverage this certification to ensure their workforce comprehends the methodical approach to enhance business processes, facilitate change management, and ensure operational effectiveness. Essentially, a certified professional possesses the capability to analyze, design, and refine organizational processes in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Business analysts looking to enhance their process modelling skills
- Project managers handling process improvement projects
- Quality assurance professionals seeking to understand business processes
- Individuals aspiring for business process re-engineering roles
- IT professionals needing to model or re-design business processes
Learning Objectives of BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes:
The learning objectives of the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes course are as follows:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business process management and its practical applications.
- Acquire the ability to analyze, model, and enhance business processes effectively.
- Learn to identify process inefficiencies and formulate optimal solutions.
- Enhance proficiency in employing the latest process modeling techniques and tools.
- Comprehend the repercussions of business process modifications on personnel and performance, aligning with organizational strategies.
- Cultivate the skills necessary to become adept business process practitioners.
Module 1: The context for Business Process Modelling
- Demonstrate understanding of the purpose and benefits of business process modelling.
- Identify the three levels of the business process hierarchy.
- Explain the importance of the process view versus the functional view of an organisation.
Module 2: Modelling at the enterprise level
- Interpret the construction of an organisational model of business process.
- Explain how the processes on the organisational model support the delivery of the value proposition.
Module 3: Modelling at the event-response level
- Interpret the construction of a business process model.
- Explain why using a standard notation set is important.
- Apply knowledge to distinguish between modelling business process terms and describe how they relate to each other.
- Demonstrate that a task typically involves one person (actor) at one place at one time, and that it is represented as a single ‘box’ on a process model.
- Identify the different types of business events.
- Explain the purpose of process performance measures and the difference between internal performance measures and customers’ expectations of performance.
Module 4: Modelling at the actor-task level
- Construct a task description
- Demonstrate an ability to document the steps and business rules within a task.
Module 5: Improving business processes
- Apply approaches to improving business processes.
- Show understanding of the need to challenge business rules and assumptions when improving or automating business processes.
- Identify the areas of a business process that may contribute to unsatisfactory performance.
- Explain the need to test processes through use of business scenario analysis.
- Prepare a gap analysis on a ‘to be’ business process model, in order to identify the functional requirements that could be supported by an IT solution.
Module 6: Managing and implementing change
- Describe the considerations of introducing a new process design.
- Discuss the use of implementation strategies for implementing business change.
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes Course Prerequisites
- A basic understanding of how a business operates.
- Familiarity with process modelling techniques.
- Ability to analyze, improve, and manage business processes.
- Knowledge of business process management.
- Experience in a business analyst role is preferable.
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement in process changes.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!