Certified Ethical Hacker v12 (CEH v12)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Certified Ethical Hacker v12 (CEH v12) Course Overview:
The Certified Ethical Hacker v12 (CEH v12) is a comprehensive training program that equips individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to identify vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks and assess their security posture. This course focuses on ethical hacking techniques and tools used by cybersecurity professionals to detect and prevent potential threats.
The CEH v12 training is suitable for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity, including:
- Network and System Administrators
- Security Professionals
- IT Managers
- Penetration Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Cybersecurity Analysts
- Security Consultants
- Any individuals responsible for ensuring the security of computer systems and networks
- Understand the fundamentals of ethical hacking and the importance of ethical hacking in maintaining strong cybersecurity defenses.
- Gain insights into the various phases of ethical hacking, including reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, maintaining access, and covering tracks.
- Learn about different attack vectors, such as network, system, web application, wireless, and social engineering attacks.
- Acquire knowledge of common hacking tools, techniques, and methodologies used by attackers and learn how to counteract them.
- Explore the concepts of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within an organization’s infrastructure.
- Understand the legal and ethical implications of ethical hacking and adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Develop skills to analyze and interpret the results of security assessments and effectively report findings to stakeholders.
Module 1: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Information Security Overview
- Hacking Methodologies and Frameworks
- Hacking Concepts
- Ethical Hacking Concepts
- Information Security Controls
- Information Security Laws and Standards
Module 2: Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Footprinting Concepts
- Footprinting through Search Engines
- Footprinting through Web Services
- Footprinting through Social Networking Sites
- Website Footprinting
- Email Footprinting
- Whois Footprinting
- DNS Footprinting
- Network Footprinting
- Footprinting through Social Engineering
- Footprinting Tools
- Footprinting Countermeasures
Module 3: Scanning Networks
- Network Scanning Concepts
- Scanning Tools
- Host Discovery
- Port and Service Discovery
- OS Discovery (Banner Grabbing/OS Fingerprinting)
- Scanning Beyond IDS and Firewall
- Network Scanning Countermeasures
Module 4: Enumeration
- Enumeration Concepts
- NetBIOS Enumeration
- SNMP Enumeration
- LDAP Enumeration
- NTP and NFS Enumeration
- SMTP and DNS Enumeration
- Other Enumeration Techniques
- Enumeration Countermeasures
Module 5: Vulnerability Analysis
- Vulnerability Assessment Concepts
- Vulnerability Classification and Assessment Types
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Vulnerability Assessment Reports
Module 6: System Hacking
- Gaining Access
- Escalating Privileges
- Maintaining Access
- Clearing Logs
Module 7: Malware Threats
- Malware Concepts
- APT Concepts
- Trojan Concepts
- o Worm Makers
- Fileless Malware Concepts
- Malware Analysis
- Malware Countermeasures
- Anti-Malware Software
Module 8: Sniffing
- Sniffing Concepts
- Sniffing Technique: MAC Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: DHCP Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: ARP Poisoning
- Sniffing Technique: Spoofing Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: DNS Poisoning
- Sniffing Tools
Module 9: Social Engineering
- Social Engineering Concepts
- Social Engineering Techniques
- Insider Threats
- Impersonation on Social Networking Sites
- Identity Theft
- Social Engineering Countermeasures
Module 10: Denial-of-Service
- DoS/DDoS Concepts
- DoS/DDoS Attack Techniques
- DDoS Case Study
- DoS/DDoS Attack Countermeasures
Module 11: Session Hijacking
- Session Hijacking Concepts
- Application-Level Session Hijacking
- Network-Level Session Hijacking
- Session Hijacking Tools
- Session Hijacking Countermeasures
Module 12: Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- IDS, IPS, Firewall, and Honeypot Concepts
- IDS, IPS, Firewall, and Honeypot Solutions
- Evading IDS
- Evading Firewalls
- Evading NAC and Endpoint Security
- IDS/Firewall Evading Tools
- Detecting Honeypots
- IDS/Firewall Evasion Countermeasures
Module 13: Hacking Web Servers
- Web Server Concepts
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Methodology
- Web Server Attack Countermeasures
Module 14: Hacking Web Applications
- Web Application Concepts
- Web Application Threats
- Web Application Hacking Methodology
- Web API, Webhooks, and Web Shell
- Web Application Security
Module 15: SQL Injection
- SQL Injection Concepts
- Types of SQL Injection
- SQL Injection Methodology
- SQL Injection Tools
- SQL Injection Countermeasures
Module 16: Hacking Wireless Networks
- Wireless Concepts
- Wireless Encryption
- Wireless Threats
- Wireless Hacking Methodology
- Wireless Hacking Tools
- Bluetooth Hacking
- Wireless Attack Countermeasures
- Wireless Security Tools
Module 17: Hacking Mobile Platforms
- Mobile Platform Attack Vectors
- Hacking Android OS
- Hacking iOS
- Mobile Device Management
- Mobile Security Guidelines and Tools
Module 18: IoT and OT Hacking
- IoT Hacking
- IoT Concepts
- IoT Attacks
- IoT Hacking Methodology
- OT Hacking
- OT Concepts
- OT Attacks
- OT Hacking Methodology
Module 19: Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- Container Technology
- Manipulating CloudTrial Service
- Cloud Security
Module 20: Cryptography
- Cryptography Concepts
- Encryption Algorithms
- Cryptography Tools
- Email Encryption
- Disk Encryption
- Cryptography Attack Countermeasures
Active Directory Training Prerequisites:
- Experience with AD DS concepts and technologies.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Experience working with Microsoft® Hyper-V® and basic Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Experience working with Windows® Client operating systems such as Windows Vista®, Windows 7 or Windows 8. Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure
Q: What is Certified Ethical Hacker v12 (CEH v12)?
A: Certified Ethical Hacker v12 (CEH v12) is a professional training program that focuses on teaching individuals the skills and knowledge needed to identify vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks. It provides hands-on training on ethical hacking techniques to help organizations strengthen their cybersecurity defenses.
Q: What will I learn in the CEH v12 training?
A: The CEHv12 training covers a wide range of topics, including the fundamentals of ethical hacking, reconnaissance techniques, network scanning, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, malware threats, social engineering, web application security, wireless network hacking, and more. You will also learn about penetration testing methodologies and how to interpret and report security assessment findings.
Q: Who is the CEH v12 training suitable for?
A: The CEH v12 training is suitable for individuals interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity. It is beneficial for network and system administrators, security professionals, IT managers, penetration testers, ethical hackers, cybersecurity analysts, security consultants, and anyone responsible for ensuring the security of computer systems and networks.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for attending the CEH v12 training?
A: There are no strict prerequisites for attending the CEH v12 training. However, having a basic understanding of networking, operating systems, and cybersecurity concepts will be beneficial.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!