Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC)
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) Course Overview:
The Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) course is a comprehensive and specialized program designed to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills required to manage and mitigate risks, ensure compliance with regulations, and implement effective governance practices within organizations. This course is tailored to address the growing demand for professionals who can navigate complex governance, risk, and compliance challenges in today’s business landscape.
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Governance Professionals
- Business Executives
- Risk and Compliance Consultants
- Governance Specialists
- Internal Control Professionals
- Business Continuity Managers
- Individuals Seeking to Excel in GRC Functions.
Learning Objectives of Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC):
- Governance Principles: The CGRC course provides participants with a thorough understanding of governance principles and practices. Participants will learn how to establish a robust governance framework that aligns with the organization’s objectives and stakeholders’ interests.
- Risk Management Strategies: The course focuses on risk management methodologies and best practices. Participants will learn how to identify, assess, and mitigate risks across various business areas to enhance decision-making and protect the organization from potential threats.
- Regulatory Compliance: CGRC covers the intricacies of regulatory compliance in different industries. Participants will gain insights into relevant laws, standards, and frameworks, and learn how to ensure compliance within their organizations.
- Internal Control Systems: Participants will explore the design and implementation of internal control systems to safeguard assets, prevent fraud, and maintain data integrity. The course emphasizes the importance of effective control mechanisms to enhance operational efficiency and accountability.
- Ethical Practices: The CGRC course emphasizes ethical considerations in governance, risk management, and compliance activities. Participants will learn how to promote ethical behavior and integrity throughout the organization.
- Business Continuity and Resilience: The course covers business continuity planning and resilience strategies. Participants will acquire the skills to prepare for and respond to disruptions, ensuring business continuity in challenging situations.
- Audit and Assurance: CGRC explores auditing and assurance practices relevant to governance, risk, and compliance. Participants will understand the role of audits in evaluating the effectiveness of controls and processes.
Module 1: Information Security Risk Management Program
- Understand the foundation of an organization information security risk management program
- Understand risk management program processes
- Understand regulatory and legal requirements
Module 2: Scope of the Information System
- Define the information system
- Determine categorization of the information system
Module 3: Selection and Approval of Security and Privacy Controls
- Identify and document baseline and inherited controls
- Select and tailor controls to the system
- Develop continuous control monitoring strategy (e.g., implementation, timeline, effectiveness)
- Review and approve security plan/Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Module 4: Implementation of Security and Privacy Controls
- Implement selected controls
- Document control implementation
Module 5: Assessment/Audit of Security and Privacy Controls
- Prepare for assessment/audit
- Conduct assessment/audit
- Prepare the initial assessment/audit report
- Review initial assessment/audit report and perform remediation actions
- Develop final assessment/audit report
- Develop remediation plan
Module 6: Authorization/Approval of Information System
- Compile security and privacy authorization/approval documents
- Determine information system risk
- Authorize/approve information system
Module 7: Continuous Monitoring
- Determine impact of changes to information system and environment
- Perform ongoing assessments/audits based on organizational requirements
- Review supply chain risk analysis monitoring activities (e.g., cyber threat reports, agency reports, news reports)
- Actively participate in response planning and communication of a cyber event
- Revise monitoring strategies based on changes to industry developments introduced through legal, regulatory, supplier, security and privacy updates
- Keep designated officials updated about the risk posture for continuous authorization/approval
- Decommission information system
Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) Course Prerequisites:
While there are no specific prerequisites for attending the CGRC course, it is recommended that participants have some foundational knowledge of governance, risk management, and compliance concepts to make the most of the program.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!