Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) Course Overview:
The Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) is a specialized IT program that aims to equip IT professionals with the knowledge and expertise required to proficiently lead and manage IT governance processes within any organization. The course focuses on the development of robust frameworks and effective processes for IT governance, encompassing crucial topics such as risk management, compliance, IT strategy, and security. Accredited by the esteemed ISACA, this comprehensive program is available through online platforms, classroom settings, as well as seminars and workshops. Successful completion of the CGEIT program leads to the prestigious CGEIT certification, recognized internationally for its significance. IT professionals from diverse industries benefit from this certification, as it instills the confidence and skills needed to excel as competent IT governance experts.
- IT Professionals
- Business Executives
- IT Governance Specialists
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Security Professionals
- ISACA Members
- Students and Aspiring IT Professionals
- Professionals from Various Industries
- Anyone Interested in IT Governance
Learning Objectives of Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT):
- Acquire expertise in best practices and frameworks for IT governance.
- Assess the existing IT governance practices and frameworks in an organization, identify gaps, and propose improvement plans.
- Recognize the significance of a comprehensive IT governance program across the board of directors, executive management, and IT governance teams.
- Evaluate IT risk management, compliance, and assurance control frameworks, ensuring accuracy and completeness of results.
- Provide effective oversight of key stakeholders and IT investments to align IT with the organization’s objectives.
- Determine necessary IT policies and procedures and offer guidance on their design, implementation, and effectiveness evaluation.
- Tailor IT governance to suit the specific needs of the organization while emphasizing information security, accountability, and responsible investment.
- Comprehend the different roles and responsibilities of IT governance within the organization, aligning them with business goals.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with IT investments and operations.
- Establish a conducive environment for successful IT governance within the organization.
Domain 1: Governance of Enterprise IT (40%)
- Components of a Governance Framework
- Organizational Structures, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Strategy Development
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Organizational Culture
- Business Ethics
- Governance Strategy Alignment with Enterprise Objectives
- Strategic Planning Process
- Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement
- Communication and Awareness Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- Policies and Standards
- Information Architecture
- Information Asset Lifecycle
- Information Ownership and Stewardship
- Information Classification and Handling
Domain 2: IT Resources (15%)
- Sourcing Strategies
- Resource Capacity Planning
- Acquisition of Resources
- IT Resource Lifecycle and Asset Management
- Human Resource Competency Assessment and Development
- Management of Contracted Services and Relationships
Domain 3: Benefits Realization (26%)
- Performance Management
- Change Management
- Governance Monitoring
- Governance Reporting
- Quality Assurance
- Process Development and Improvement
- Business Case Development and Evaluation
- IT Investment Management and Reporting
- Performance Metrics
- Benefit Evaluation Methods
Domain 4: Risk Optimization (19%)
- Risk Frameworks and Standards
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance
- IT-Enabled Capabilities, Processes, and Services
- Business Risk, Exposures, and Threats
- Risk Management Lifecycle
- Risk Assessment Methods
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) Course Prerequisites:
1. 5 years in an IT-related governance role
2. Knowledge of the IT governance framework
3. Experience in risk management
4. Working knowledge of policy development and its implementations
5. Familiarity with IT planning and budgeting processes
6. Understanding of organizational structure, roles, and management processes
7. Basic knowledge of security, audit functions, and regulatory compliance
8. Project management experience
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!