Certified Network Defender (CNDv2)
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Certified Network Defender (CNDv2) Course Overview:
The CND V2 course aims to equip students with the expertise and knowledge required for achieving certification in Network Defense. This comprehensive program focuses on advanced topics, including intrusion detection, incident response, and forensics. Beginning with an introduction to network security fundamentals, the course then delves into more intricate subjects such as network traffic monitoring, attack detection, and incident response. Students will be adept in using the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework and the Defense in Depth model. The course incorporates lectures, hands-on labs, and project-based learning to foster proficiency in network defense. Its design offers an optimal environment for students to acquire the essential skills needed to become certified professionals in the field of network defense.
- Aspiring Cybersecurity Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Security Analysts
- Network Administrators
- Incident Response Teams
- Cybersecurity Managers
- Government and Military Personnel
Learning Objectives of Certified Network Defender (CNDv2):
- Identify the features, roles, and responsibilities of the Cisco Certified Network Professional Design education path.
- Describe the latest network technologies for the betterment of enterprise networks.
- Understand and apply the Design Methodology to address varying network designs.
- Gain an understanding of the roles of BGP, OSPF, IPv4, QoS, and Performance routing within an enterprise network.
- Comprehend the theory of IP address schemes and how to use them to meet a variety of network requirements.
- Design and simulate scalable, redundant, secure enterprise networks.
- Develop detailed topology diagrams with the correct IP addressing, routing strategy, and multi-layer switching considerations.
- Analyze and design key services such as Quality of Service, Network Address Translation, Branch Office connectivity, VPN, and WLAN.
- Utilize design tools to simplify and centralize the management of various configurations.
- Generate realistic test cases to verify designs with Cisco customers.
Module 1: Network Attacks and Defense Strategies
Module 2: Administrative Network Security
Module 3: Technical Network Security
Module 4: Network Perimeter Security
Module 5: Endpoint Security-Windows Systems
Module 6: Endpoint Security-Linux Systems
Module 7: Endpoint Security-Mobile Devices
Module 8: Endpoint Security-IoT Devices
Module 9: Administrative Application Security
Module 10: Data Security
Module 11: Enterprise Virtual Network Security
Module 12: Enterprise Cloud Network Security
Module 13: Enterprise Wireless Network Security
Module 14: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
Module 15: Network Logs Monitoring and Analysis
Module 16: Incident Response and Forensic Investigation
Module 17: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Module 18: Risk Anticipation with Risk Management
Module 19: Threat Assessment with Attack Surface Analysis
Module 20: Threat Prediction with Cyber Threat Intelligence
Certified Network Defender (CNDv2) Course Prerequisites:
• Operating systems: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
• Networking concepts and technologies, TCP/IP, IPv6, Ethernet,
• Firewalls, VPNs, and other network security devices
• Network Protocols and common ports
• Cryptography concepts, encryption algorithms
• Authentication protocols, such as Kerberos
• Web servers, Email servers and other common applications
• Basic understanding of malware and its behavior
• Basic knowledge of law and regulations as related to cyber security
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!