Cloud-native Integration with Red Hat Fuse and Apache Camel
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Red Hat Fuse, based on the Apache Camel project, is a lightweight, flexible integration platform that enables rapid integration of cloud-native applications, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Camel development is organized around:
- Routes that define a sequence or flow of processing.
- Processors that transform, interpret, and modify messages within a Camel route.
- Components that enable the creation of endpoints that interact with the outside world for acquiring and transmitting data.
Cloud-native Integration with Red Hat Fuse (AD221) emphasizes learning architectural patterns and implementing integration services based on Apache Camel and OpenShift. Camel and Red Hat Fuse enable developers to create complex integrations in a simple and maintainable format. You will learn how to use the most common integration components in Camel and develop, test, and deploy integration focused applications on OpenShift. This course is based on Red Hat Fuse 7.10 and OpenShift 4.
Course content summary
- Deploy Fuse applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Implement REST APIs with the Camel REST DSL
- Implement unit tests, error handling, and mocks for Camel routes
- Implement Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP) using Camel components
- Integrate Camel applications with a database
- Integrate Camel applications with Apache Kafka
- Integrate Cloud-native services using Camel K
- Consume REST services using the Camel HTTP component
Audience for this course
- This course is designed for Java developers focused on implementing integration solutions in an enterprise.
- Internet access required.
Introduction to Red Hat Fuse and Camel
Describe the architecture of Red Hat Fuse and Camel and how they are used to integrate applications.
Create Camel routes
Implement Camel routes and develop custom processors
Implement enterprise integration patterns
Describe the most commonly used enterprise integration patterns and implement them using Camel components.
Create tests for routes and error handling
Develop reliable routes by creating unit tests and mocks, and by handling errors.
Integrate services using asynchronous messaging
Integrate microservices using Apache Kafka and ActiveMQ (JMS)
Provide data integrity in route processing by implementing transactions.
Build and consume REST services
Implement and consume REST services with Camel.
Integrate cloud-native services
Deploy cloud-native microservices based on Camel Routes and Camel K components to an OpenShift cluster
- Experience with Java application development or Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (AD183).
- Be proficient in using an IDE such as Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Maven and version control is recommended, but not required.
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift or Introduction to OpenShift Applications (DO101) is recommended, but not required.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!