Cloudera Training for Apache HBase
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
Cloudera Training for Apache HBase Course Overview:
Elevate your expertise with the Cloudera Training for Apache HBase. This comprehensive three-day training course, facilitated by Cloudera Educational Services, empowers participants to proficiently manage and retrieve vast volumes of multi-structured data. The course equips you with the skills to execute hundreds of thousands of operations per second, demonstrating the power of Apache HBase in the domain of high-speed data operations.
- Administrators who intend to use HBase.
Learning Objectives of Cloudera Training for Apache HBase:
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API to insert and retrieve data in real time
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Introduction to Hadoop and HBase
- Introducing Hadoop
- Core Hadoop Components
- What Is HBase?
- Why Use HBase?
- Strengths of HBase
- HBase in Production
- Weaknesses of HBase
- HBase Concepts
- HBase Table Fundamentals
- Thinking About Table Design
- Creating Tables with the HBase Shell
- Working with Tables
- Working with Table Data
HBase Architecture Fundamentals
- HBase Regions
- HBase Cluster Architecture
- HBase and HDFS Data Locality
HBase Schema Design
- General Design Considerations
- Application-Centric Design
- Designing HBase Row Keys
- Other HBase Table Features
Basic Data Access with the HBase API
- Options to Access HBase Data
- Creating and Deleting HBase Tables
- Retrieving Data with Get
- Retrieving Data with Scan
- Inserting and Updating Data
- Deleting Data
More Advanced HBase API Features
- HBase Write Path
HBase Write Path
- Understanding Query Performance
- Hive on Spark
HBase Read Path
- How HBase Reads Data
- Block Caches for Reading
HBase Performance Tuning
- Column Family Considerations
- Schema Design Considerations
- Configuring for Caching
- Memory Considerations
- Dealing with Time Series and Sequential Data
- Pre-Splitting Regions
HBase Administration and Cluster Management
- HBase Daemons
- ZooKeeper Considerations
- HBase High Availability
- Using the HBase Balancer
- Fixing Tables with hbck
- HBase Security
HBase Replication and Backup
- HBase Replication
- HBase Backup
- MapReduce and HBase Clusters
Using Hive and Impala with HBase
- How to Use Hive and Impala to Access HBase
Cloudera Training for Apache HBase Course Prerequisites
- Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required. Knowledge of Java is assumed. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required, but Cloudera Developer Training for Spark and Hadoop provides an excellent foundation for this course.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!