CNS-320: Citrix ADC 12.x Advanced Concepts – Security, Management and Optimization
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
CNS-320: Citrix ADC 12.x Advanced Concepts – Security, Management and Optimization Course Overview:
Learn how to configure your Citrix networking environment to address application services security requirements with Citrix Web App Firewall; automate and manage network services for scale-out of application architectures with Citrix Application Delivery Management; and optimize Citrix ADC-managed application delivery traffic.
This five day CNS-320: Citrix ADC 12.x Advanced Concepts – Security, Management and Optimization course for experienced Citrix networking architects, engineers and administrators will teach you to
deploy and manage Web App Firewall to protect web applications against different types of attacks. It will also give
you a practical understanding of Citrix Application Delivery Management capabilities for centralized management of
multiple Citrix ADC platforms, orchestration of changes, transaction reporting, infrastructure visualization
What you’ll learn
- Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- Understand how to operate the adaptive learning engine
- Configure Citrix Web App Firewall to protect web applications
- Utilize ADC 12.x Secure Insight to monitor, manage, and report
on Application Services security
This course is currently on Citrix ADC version 12.x, but is still
applicable for learners of previous versions of the product.
Built for IT Professionals with extensive App Delivery and Security and Citrix ADC experience. This course is built for IT Professionals who are responsible for defining the overall structure or architecture of a Citrix App Delivery and Security environment. This course encompasses advanced Citrix App Delivery and
Security configurations and leading Citrix design principles.
Module 1: Citrix Web App Firewall Overview
- The Business Problem
- Industry Standards
- Protection Methodologies
- Introducing Citrix Web App Firewall
Module 2: Citrix Web App Firewall Profiles and Policies
- Citrix Web App Firewall Policies
- Citrix Web App Firewall Profiles
- Citrix Web App Firewall Learning
- Citrix Web App Firewall Engine Settings
Module 3: Implementing Citrix Web App Firewall Protections
- Security Checks and Data Flow
- Rules and Adaptive Learning
- Signatures and Comment Stripping
- Top-Level Protections
Module 4: Additional Citrix Web App Firewall Protections
- Cookie Consistency
- Advanced Form Protection Checks
- URL Protections
- Protecting Sensitive Data
Module 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Citrix Web App Firewall
- Web App Firewall and Web Applications
- Logging and Reporting
- Customizing Errors
Module 6: Security and Filtering
- Application level Quality of Experience (AppQoE)
- IP Reputation
- Rate Limiting
- HTTP Callout
Module 7: Authentication with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
- What is SAML?
- Configuring SAML on Citrix ADC
Module 8: Authentication with OAuth, OpenID,
- OAuth and OpenID
- Configuring OAuth on Citrix ADC
- Multi-Factor Authentication with nFactor
- Configuring nFactor
Module 9: Application Delivery Management Introduction
- An introduction to Application Delivery Management
- Application Delivery Management Deployment and
- Deploying Citrix Application Delivery Management
- in High Availability
- Citrix Application Delivery Management Instance
Module 10: Managing and Monitoring Application Delivery Management
- Inventory Management
- User Management
- Analytics and Automation
- SSL Certificate Management
Module 11: Managing Citrix ADC Configuration
- Application Management
- Configuration Management
Module 12: Citrix ADC Web Logging
- Understanding Web Traffic
- Installing and configuring ADC 12.x Web Logging
- Troubleshooting ADC 12.x Web Logging
Module 13: Integrated Caching
- Introduction to Integrated Caching
- Static and Dynamic Content
- Request and Response Process Flow
- Understanding Cache Policies
- Identifying Content Group Settings
Module 14: Front End Optimization
- Improving Content Delivery
- Front-End Optimization Use Cases
- Understanding Minification
- CSS Optimizations
Module 15: Tuning and Optimization
- Connections on the Citrix ADC
- Connection Profiles
- Queuing on the Citrix ADC
- Connection Tuning Practices
CNS-320: Citrix ADC 12.x Advanced Concepts – Security, Management and Optimization Course Prerequisites:
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the
CNS-225: Deploy and Manage Citrix ADC 13.x with Traffic Management
CNS-227: Deploy and Manage Citrix ADC 13.x with Citrix Gateway
Q: What is CNS-320: Citrix ADC 12.x Advanced Concepts – Security, Management, and Optimization training?
A: CNS-320 is an advanced training program provided by Citrix that focuses on advanced concepts and configurations of Citrix ADC (formerly known as NetScaler) version 12.x for security, management, and optimization purposes. The training provides in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience to effectively secure, manage, and optimize Citrix ADC deployments.
Q: Who should attend this training?
A: CNS-320 training is designed for network administrators, engineers, and architects who are responsible for securing, managing, and optimizing Citrix ADC deployments. It is suitable for individuals who have a good understanding of Citrix ADC fundamentals and want to expand their knowledge and expertise in these areas.
Q: What are the prerequisites for attending this training?
A: To make the most of CNS-320 training, participants should have a solid understanding of networking concepts, Citrix ADC functionality, and basic security, management, and optimization principles. It is recommended to have prior experience with deploying and managing Citrix ADC or to have completed the relevant foundational training courses, such as CNS-220: Citrix ADC 12.x Essentials and Traffic Management.
Q: What topics are covered in CNS-320 training?
A: The training covers a wide range of advanced topics related to security, management, and optimization of Citrix ADC deployments, including:
- Advanced application security configurations
- Citrix ADC security features and capabilities
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) configurations and policies
- Advanced management and monitoring tools and techniques
- High availability and disaster recovery configurations
- SSL/TLS optimizations and security features
- Application performance optimization techniques
- Automation and orchestration of Citrix ADC deployments
Q: What resources are provided during the training?
A: Participants of CNS-320 training receive comprehensive course materials, including a student workbook and access to the Citrix training lab environment. The lab environment allows participants to gain hands-on experience with advanced configurations and features of Citrix ADC for security, management, and optimization purposes.
Q: Is there an exam associated with this training?
A: Yes, there is an exam associated with the CNS-320 training. Upon completing the training course, participants can choose to take the Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N) exam to validate their advanced knowledge and skills in securing, managing, and optimizing Citrix ADC deployments. The exam is administered separately from the training.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!