COBIT 2019 Foundation
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
COBIT 2019 Foundation Course Overview:
The “COBIT 2019 Foundation” course aims to equip individuals with the necessary skills to effectively utilize the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT 2019) framework. Throughout the course, participants will explore the seven domains of the COBIT 2019 framework, discovering how these domains can be leveraged to ensure responsible information and technology management within organizations.
- IT Professionals
- IT Governance Personnel
- IT Project Managers
- IT Risk Management Professionals
- IT Policy and Compliance Officers
- IT Consultants
- IT Auditors
- Business Managers and Executives
Learning Objectives of Cobit 2019 Foundation
1. Learn the process model of COBIT 2019 and how to apply it in alignment with an organization’s business objectives and strategy.
2. Understand organizational structures, structures, structures and structures of information and the principles of governance and strategic alignment of control objectives.
3. Acquire knowledge of how to apply the process reference model in analysis and decision-making, and develop an assurance framework.
4. Develop and design a system of controls and secure organizational value.
5. Understand the core principles for enabling effective stakeholder communications and achieving effective governance.
6. Develop a practical understanding of enforcement and performance measures, with the ability to optimize performance against objectives.
7. Utilize COBIT 2019 to assess the effectiveness of information and technology processes, to obtain an external assurance or certification on an individual process.
8. Understand the crucial roles of the stakeholders and key roles and responsibilities in COBIT.
9. Identify opportunities for improvement, setting standards and improving existing processes.
10. Develop a Framework to drive successful implementation of COBIT requirements.
Module 1: COURSE INTRODUCTION
Module 2: COBIT FRAMEWORK INTRODUCTION
COBIT Framework Introduction
Module 3: PRINCIPLES
- Governance System Principles
- Governance Framework Principles
Module 4: GOVERNANCE SYSTEM AND COMPONENTS
- Governance and Management Objectives
- Components of The Governance System
- Focus Areas
- Design Factors
- Goals Cascade
Module 5: GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES
- Overview of The COBIT Core Model
- Governance and Management Objectives Purpose Statements
- Governance and Management Objectives Detailed Guidance
Module 6: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Performance Management Definition, Principles and Overview
- Managing Performance of Processes
- Managing Performance of Other Governance System Components
Module 7: DESIGNING A TAILORED GOVERNANCE SYSTEM
- Introduction to Designing a Tailored Governance System
- Impact of Design Factors
- Designing a Tailored Governance System
Module 8: THE COBIT BUSINESS CASE
- Making a Case for Getting Started
- Overview of the COBIT Business Case
Module 9: IMPLEMENTING ENTERPRISE GOVERNANCE OVER IT
- Implementation Guide Purpose and Approach
- Implementation Phases
- Design Guide and Implementation Guide Relationships
COBIT 2019 Foundation Course Prerequisites:
Basic knowledge of IT concepts and terminology may be beneficial but is not mandatory to participate in the course.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!