Computer Forensics Fundamentals
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Computer Forensics Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Computer Forensics Fundamentals certification validates an individual’s expertise in using scientific techniques to identify, collect, analyze, and present digital evidence in an ethical and legal manner. It covers the fundamentals of computer forensics, including the nature of digital evidence, chain of custody, data recovery techniques, and various categories of cybercrimes. Industries utilize computer forensics to investigate cybersecurity breaches, intellectual property theft, fraud, and other cybercrimes. Certified computer forensics professionals play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and reliability of digital evidence, making this certification highly significant in the modern, digital age.
• Law enforcement agencies
• Legal professionals
• Cyberspace investigators
• Information technology security teams
• Compliance officers
• Fraud investigators
• Cybersecurity consultants
• Students pursuing careers in computer forensics
• Corporate companies seeking to train employees in handling data breaches.
Learning Objectives of Computer Forensics Fundamentals :
- Understand the basic concepts and principles of computer forensics, including its role and significance in criminal investigations.
- Identify and use appropriate methodologies and tools for data recovery and analysis in computer forensics.
- Comprehend legal and ethical considerations related to computer forensics, ensuring the integrity of evidence and its admissibility in a court of law.
- Develop practical skills necessary to conduct a basic computer forensic examination.
Module 1: Computer Forensics Fundamentals
Module 2: Incident Response and Forensics
Module 3: Digital Evidence
Module 4: Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
Module 5: Windows Forensics
Module 6: Network Forensics and Investigating Network Traffic
Module 7: Steganography
Module 8: Analyzing Logs
Module 9: E-mail Crime and Computer Forensics
Module 10: Introduction to Writing Investigative Report
Computer Forensics Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
• Basic understanding of computer systems and networks
• Knowledge in computer security principles
• Familiarity with different operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
• Understanding of file systems, file types, and file formats
• Some prior experience in IT or cybersecurity can be helpful
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!