Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.6
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.6 Course Overview:
What you’ll learn in this course
The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.6 course teaches you to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches to build highly available, scalable storage networks. Through expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and utilize capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting
techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers.
This course helps you prepare to take the 300-625 Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (DCSAN) exam, which leads to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist – Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches to support performance,
resiliency, scalability, and enhanced operations for data centers
● Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using
enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
● Succeed in today’s demanding data center operations roles
● Earn 40 CE credits toward recertification
What to expect in the exam
This exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches including deployment, implementation,
management and monitoring, and troubleshooting.
After you pass 300-625 DCSAN:
● You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist – Data Center SAN Implementation certification.
● You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for new CCNP Data Center. To complete your
CCNP Data Center certification, pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core
Technologies (350-601 DCCOR) exam or its equivalent.
Who should enroll
● Technical decision makers
● Network architects
● Data center systems engineers
● Field engineers
● Data center
● Describing Cisco MDS Platform
● Provisioning Cisco MDS Switches
● Building the Fibre Channel Fabric with Cisco MDS Switches
● Automating Cisco MDS Fabric
● Monitoring and Reporting Cisco MDS Features
● Troubleshooting Common Cisco MDS Issues
● Perform Initial MDS Configuration
● Setup Cisco DCNM
● Explore DCNM-SAN Client and DCNM Cisco Device Manager
● Configure and Use RBAC
● Configure and Use RBAC with DCNM-SAN Client and Device Manager
● Manage VSANs and Fibre Channel Domain
● Configure Interfaces
● Configure Device Aliases and Zoning
● Configure FCIP Tunnels and FCIP High Availability
● Configure IVR for SAN Extension
● Configure NPV and NPIV
● Explore and Automate with NX-API
● Monitor SAN with Cisco DCNM
● Configure SAN Analytics and SAN Telemetry Streaming
● Troubleshoot Fibre Channel Domains, Zoning, and Zone Merges
● Perform Slow-Drain Analysis with Cisco DCNM
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
● Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
● Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
● Basic routing and switching knowledge
The following courses may help you meet these prerequisites:
● Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!