DGOV-221: Controlling with Cloudera Data Governance
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
DGOV-221: Controlling with Cloudera Data Governance Course Overview :
Geared towards customer needs, this course facilitates the utilization of Cloudera Data Platform for effectively tackling data governance obligations. This is particularly relevant due to imperatives surrounding regulatory compliance, notably exemplified by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the United States’ Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Through this course, participants gain insights and strategies to align their data management practices with these regulations, ensuring both legal compliance and the safeguarding of sensitive information.
- This course is best suited for data stewards and others who are responsible for, or have an interest in, implementing regulatory compliance or performing typical data governance activities using the Cloudera Data Platform.
Learning Objectives of DGOV-221: Controlling with Cloudera Data Governance:
Through instructor-led discussion, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to:
- Identify which tools in Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) to use for key data governance activities
- Organize data objects using classifications and business glossary terms
- Find access history for data objects and policies
- Use Data Catalog Profilers in CDP to assist in organizing data objects
- Use Data Catalog to foster collaboration with colleagues
- View and interpret a data object’s lineage
- Create and apply resource- and tag-based access control policies
- Create policies for data masking and row-level filtering
Data Governance Overview
- What Is Data Governance?
- Basic Concepts
- SDX: Data Governance in CDP
Organizing Data Objects
- Searching for Objects by Type
- Glossary Terms
- Auditing Overview
- Viewing Audit Information
Working with Data Catalog
- Data Catalog Overview
- Sensitive Data Profiler
- Defining and Monitoring Data Quality
- Preparing for Audits Using Data Catalog
- Inspecting Lineage
- Propagation and Lineage in Atlas
- Inspecting Lineage in Atlas
- Apache Ranger Basics
- Creating Users and Roles
- Resource-Based Policies
- Tag-Based Policies
- Securing Metadata Objects
- Providing Partial Access
Managing the Data Lifecycle
- Governing the Data Lifecycle
DGOV-221: Controlling with Cloudera Data Governance Course Prerequisites
- Familiarity with basic data governance concepts is helpful, but not required.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!