CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration Course Overview:
In this CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration course you will learn how to create a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to host apps and desktops for your users. And it will also
introduce you to Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS to become familiar with these products.
This course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills, to not only understand, manage, and deliver successfully, but also to make well-informed planning decisions along the way. Product Versions Covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR, Citrix DaaS
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment.
- Create Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads.
- Deliver app and desktop resources to users.
- Introduce Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- New Citrix Workspace Packaging
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR Refresh – What’s New
- End-User and Admin Experience
Module 2: Planning – Architecture Overview
- Overview of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Components
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Features and Resource Capabilities
- Hosting Platform Considerations
- Connection Flow Process Introduction
Module 3: Planning – Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Considerations
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Citrix Licensing Setup
- Delivery Controller Setup
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Setup
- Redundancy Considerations
Module 4: Planning – Provisioning Workloads: VDA and Master Image Prep
- Master Image Creation Methods
- Master Image Requirements
Module 5: Planning – Provisioning Workloads: VDA and Master Image Prep
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning Methods and Considerations
- Machine Creation Services – Deep Dive
- MCS Environment Considerations
Module 6: Planning – Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Overview
- StoreFront Beacons
- Citrix Workspace app
- StoreFront Features
Module 7: Planning – Managing the User Experience
- Citrix Policies – Methods to Manage Policies
- Citrix HDX Features – Using Policies
Module 8: Planning – Published App and Desktop Presentation and Management
- Published App Properties
- Server OS Published App Optimizations
- Published App Presentation
- Application Groups
- Apps and Desktops Presentation
Module 9: Planning – Printing for User Sessions
- Printing Concepts and Printer Provisioning
- Printer Drivers
- Print Environment – Considerations
Module 10: Planning – Profile Management
- User Profiles – Introduction and Considerations
- Configuring Citrix Profile Management
- Profile Containers – VHDX-based Policies
Module 11: Planning – Manage the Site
- Delegated Administration
- Use PowerShell with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Power Management Considerations
Module 12: Planning – Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Basic Security Considerations
- Citrix Admin Security Considerations
- XML Service Security Considerations
- Secure HDX External Traffic
Module 13: Rollout – Citrix Workspace app Deployment and Configuration
- Citrix Workspace Deployment and Configuration
Module 14: Manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Deployment
- Citrix Director Introduction
- Monitor and Interact with User Sessions
- Published Apps Analysis
- Monitor the Machines Running the VDA
- Site Specific Common Monitoring
- Alerts and Notifications
- Optimize Citrix Director Monitoring with Citrix Application Delivery Management
- Citrix Analytics Introduction
- Prepare to use Citrix Analytics
- Types of Analytics
Module 15: Manage – Supporting and Troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Workloads
- Introduction to Supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
- A List of Common Tools
- Common Tasks for Proactive Administration
Module 16: Optimize – Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Deployment
- Optimizing VDAs – Citrix Optimizer
- Citrix Workspace Environment Management Overview
- HDX Optimization
Module 17: Introduction to Citrix Cloud with Citrix DaaS
- What is Citrix Cloud?
- Why Citrix DaaS?
- Migration from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to Citrix DaaS
- Citrix Cloud Administration
CSF-202: Deploy & Manage Citrix Content Collaboration Course Prerequisites:
Strong foundational knowledge of:
Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
Q: What is CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration training?
A: CWS-215 is a training program offered by Citrix that focuses on the deployment and administration of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. The training equips administrators with the knowledge and skills to effectively deploy, configure, and manage virtual app and desktop environments.
Q: Who should attend this training?
A: CWS-215 training is designed for IT professionals, administrators, and consultants who are responsible for deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. It is suitable for individuals who have a basic understanding of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops concepts and want to enhance their deployment and administration skills.
Q: What are the prerequisites for attending this training?
A: To make the most of CWS-215 training, participants should have a basic understanding of networking concepts, Windows Server and Active Directory administration, and familiarity with virtualization concepts. Knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops fundamentals is recommended but not mandatory.
Q: What topics are covered in CWS-215 training?
A: The training covers a range of topics related to the deployment and administration of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, including:
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Delivery Controller
- Deploying and managing Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) machines
- Managing applications and desktops using Delivery Groups
- User session and connection management
- Citrix policies and profiles configuration
- Application and desktop provisioning
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environments
Q: How long is the CWS-215 training course?
A: The duration of the CWS-215 training course may vary depending on the training provider. Typically, it is a multi-day instructor-led course that spans several days. The exact duration and schedule can be obtained from the Citrix training website or the training provider offering the course.
Q: What resources are provided during the training?
A: Participants of CWS-215 training receive comprehensive course materials, including a student workbook and access to the Citrix training lab environment. The lab environment allows participants to gain hands-on experience with deploying and administering Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
Q: Is there an exam associated with this training?
A: Yes, there is an exam associated with CWS-215 training. It is known as the “Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V)” exam. Successful completion of the exam leads to the CCA-V certification, which validates your skills and knowledge in deploying and administering Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!