CWS-252: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
CWS-252: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure Course Overview:
In the CWS-252: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure course, participants will learn how to create a new Citrix DaaS deployment on Citrix Cloud with a resource location on Microsoft Azure. The course also covers migration from an on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site to Citrix DaaS. Through hands-on activities, participants will gain practical experience in the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix DaaS on Citrix Cloud and a Microsoft Azure resource location for hosting apps and desktops. This course is essential for acquiring the necessary training and skills to understand, manage, and successfully deliver Citrix DaaS solutions. It also equips participants with the knowledge to make well-informed planning decisions throughout the deployment process. The covered product versions include Citrix DaaS and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR.
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises and the Citrix DaaS.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix DaaS
- New Citrix Workspace Packaging
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops – OnPremises Site
- What is Citrix Cloud?
- Why Citrix DaaS?
- What is a Migration from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to Citrix DaaS?
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Planning – Citrix DaaS Architecture, Security, and Operations
- Architecture and Deployment Options
- Citrix DaaS Security
- Citrix DaaS Operations
Module 3: Planning – Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Cloud Connector Services and
- Cloud Connector Operations in a Resource
- Cloud Connector Resiliency
- Installing, Updating, and Removing Cloud
- Supported Domain Scenarios for Cloud
- Securing Cloud Connector Communications
- Local Host Cache (LHC)
- Citrix Cloud Connector vs Delivery Controller
Module 4: Planning – Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Hosting Connections
Module 5: Active Directory, Authentication, and Authorization
- Active Directory Design Options
- Desktops from Non-Domain Joined VDAs
- Citrix Federated Authentication Service and Identity Provider Services
Module 6: Planning – Provisioning VDA Workloads and Delivering Resources
- Master Images
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) in Citrix DaaS
- Citrix Provisioning in Citrix DaaS
- Machine Catalogs
- Delivery Groups
- Citrix Cloud Library
Module 7: Planning – Provide Access in Citrix Cloud
- Selecting Between Citrix digital workspace experience and StoreFront
- Citrix StoreFront and Citrix digital workspace experience Communications
- Selecting Between Citrix Gateway Service and On-Premises Citrix Gateway
- Access Layer Communications
- User Authentication
Module 8: Planning – Citrix DaaS Administration
- Citrix Cloud Manage and Monitor
- Delegated Administration
- Citrix DaaS Remote PowerShell Software Development Kit
- Manage Multiple Resource Locations
Module 9: Planning – Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Using Autoscale to Power Manage Machines
in a Public Cloud
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix DaaS Resource
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix DaaS
- Google Cloud as a Citrix DaaS Resource
Module 10: Planning – Migrating to Citrix DaaS from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Citrix Automated Configuration Tool
- Citrix Image Portability Service
Module 11: Manage – Operations and Support in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Connector Support
- Updating and Rolling Back Machine Catalogs
- VDA Restore
- Citrix Self-Help Strategy
- Monitor Your Environment
Module 12: Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
Partnering for Success
Module 13: Planning – Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Citrix DaaS Components
- Creating a Citrix DaaS Deployment Overview
Module 14: Planning – Microsoft Azure Overview
- Azure Virtual Network Structure
- Azure Virtual Network Connectivity
- Azure Virtual Resources
- Azure Active Directory Identity and Access Management
- Azure Active Directory Options and Considerations
Module 15: Planning – Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations in Azure
- Citrix DaaS Components in Azure
- Creating and Managing Workloads in an Azure Resource Location
Module 16: Planning – Provide Access to End Users
- Providing Access to Resources in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Gateway Deployment Options
- Deploying Citrix Gateway or ADC in Azure
- GSLB and StoreFront Optimal Gateway in Hybrid Environments
Module 17: Rollout – Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix Workspace App Rollout
- Preparing Migration of
- End-Users to Workspace Platform
Module 18: Managing – Citrix DaaS Workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Citrix Gateway
- Backup and Monitoring in Azure
- Maintaining Master Images in Azure
- Monitoring VDAs in Manage Console and Azure
Module 19: Optimize – Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Azure Costs
- Using Azure Pricing Calculator – Instructor Demo
Student Exercise – Calculate a case
CWS-252: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure Course Prerequisites:
Strong foundational knowledge of:
Windows Server and Desktop operating systems. Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
Q: What is CWS-252: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure training?
A: CWS-252 is a training program offered by Citrix that focuses on deploying and administering Citrix Desktop as a Service (DaaS) on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. The training provides administrators with the knowledge and skills to effectively configure, deploy, and manage Citrix DaaS solutions in an Azure environment.
Q: Who should attend this training?
A: CWS-252 training is designed for IT professionals, administrators, and consultants who are responsible for deploying and managing Citrix DaaS on the Microsoft Azure platform. It is suitable for individuals who have a basic understanding of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops concepts and want to enhance their skills in deploying and administering DaaS solutions in Azure.
Q: What are the prerequisites for attending this training?
A: To make the most of CWS-252 training, participants should have a basic understanding of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops concepts and administration. Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and cloud computing fundamentals is also beneficial.
Q: What topics are covered in CWS-252 training?
A: The training covers a range of topics related to deploying and administering Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure, including:
- Overview of Citrix DaaS architecture and Azure components
- Configuring and deploying DaaS workloads in Azure
- Provisioning and managing virtual desktops in an Azure environment
- Application delivery and management in a DaaS deployment
- User profile and data management in Azure
- Security and access control considerations
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Citrix DaaS on Azure
Q: What resources are provided during the training?
A: Participants of CWS-252 training receive comprehensive course materials, including a student workbook and access to the Citrix training lab environment. The lab environment allows participants to gain hands-on experience with deploying and managing Citrix DaaS solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
Q: Is there an exam associated with this training?
A: No, there is no exam associated with the CWS-252 training course. The training is focused on providing practical knowledge and skills for deploying and administering Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!