Deploying Cloud Connect Solutions with Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CLDCSR)
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
Deploying Cloud Connect Solutions with Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CLDCSR) Course Overview:
The Deploying Cloud Connect Solutions with Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CLDCSR) v1.0 course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to deploy and operate the Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CSR1000V) effectively. This router enables the provision of comprehensive WAN gateway and network services functions, including connectivity, routing, and security, within virtual and cloud environments.
Through expert instruction and hands-on labs, you will learn the following:
- Cisco CSR 1000V deployment options and requirements: Gain an understanding of the various deployment options available for the Cisco CSR 1000V and the specific requirements associated with each option.
- Hypervisor support, licensing models, features, and programmability support: Explore the hypervisor support for the CSR 1000V, different licensing models, available features, and the programmability options it provides.
- Implementation, integration, installation, management, and troubleshooting: Learn how to implement, integrate, install, manage, and troubleshoot the deployment process of the Cisco CSR 1000V. Common operational issues will also be addressed to ensure smooth operations.
By the end of this course, you will have acquired the necessary expertise to confidently deploy and operate the Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V. You will be able to understand deployment options, meet requirements, and effectively manage and troubleshoot the router’s operation. This will enable you to provide comprehensive WAN gateway and network services functions within virtual and cloud environments.
How you’ll benefit
This class will help you:
● Learn how to use the CSR 1000V Series to extend your enterprise network to public and private clouds
● Gain hands-on practice acquiring skills in virtual and cloud-based technologies
Who should enroll
● Data Center engineers
● Cloud engineers
● System engineers
● Field engineers
● Implementation/operation/support/installation and upgrade specialists
● IT administrators
● Network engineers
● Cloud computing experts
● Security specialists
● Cisco integrators and partners
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe items to be aware of before installing a Cisco CSR 1000V, including virtual machine requirements for installing Cisco CSR 1000V, licensing options that are available with Cisco CSR 1000V, supported Cisco
IOS® XE technologies, and management options for Cisco CSR 1000V.
● Prepare for installation of Cisco CSR 1000V Series routers.
● Explain common Cisco IOS XE Command-Line Interface (CLI) commands and conventions that can make it easier to work in the CLI, and describe how you can get help with command syntax and command options.
● Describe the options you can use to activate the license for Cisco CSR 1000V and activate the license for each option. Troubleshoot issues with Cisco CSR 1000V licenses.
● Upgrade the Cisco IOS XE software for an existing Cisco CSR 1000V installation.
● Describe the Call Home feature and its benefits, configure the feature on the Cisco CSR 1000V, including the anonymous reporting option, and display the Call Home configuration. List the different Call Home events that trigger alerts and commands that are executed as a result of the alert.
● Troubleshoot Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine (VM) issues.
● Rehost a Cisco CSR 1000V license to a new VM, whether the current Cisco CSR 1000V router is accessible or not.
● Describe the Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) Layer 2 gateway feature and configure this feature on the Cisco CSR 1000V router.
● Deploy the Cisco CSR 1000V in a virtual private cloud using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Describe common network operations that the Cisco CSR 1000V supports.
● Explore programmability support on Cisco CSR 1000V, including APIs, shells, and data models
● Introducing Cisco CSR Product Overview
◦ Cloud Adoption and Cisco CSR 1000V Overview
◦ Virtual Machine Requirements
◦ Cisco Software Licensing
◦ Cisco Smart Software Licensing
◦ Differences Between Cisco CSR 1000V Series and Cisco ASR 1000 Series
◦ Supported Cisco IOS XE Technologies
◦ Management Support
◦ Compatibility with Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®)
● Preparing for Installation
◦ Obtaining the Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine Image
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V Installation Files
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V Installation Options
◦ Guidelines and Limitations
◦ ROM Monitor (ROMMON) and Cisco CSR 1000V
● Installing Cisco CSR 1000V in VMware Elastic Sky X (ESXi) Environments
◦ Supported VMware Features and Operations
◦ VMware Requirements—Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9
◦ Virtual Machine Requirements for Different Cisco IOS XE Versions
◦ Deploying the Cisco CSR 1000V Open Virtualization Archive (OVA) to the Virtual Machine
◦ Manually Create the Virtual Machine and Install Cisco CSR 1000V Software with the .iso File
◦ Increasing Performance on VMware ESXi Configurations
● Booting Cisco CSR 1000V and Accessing the Console
◦ Booting the Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine
◦ Configuring Access to the Cisco CSR 1000V Console
● Using Cisco IOS XE Software
◦ Use Cisco IOS XE Software
◦ Find Command Options
◦ Non-Volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM) File Security
● Managing Cisco CSR 1000V Licenses
◦ Methods to Activate Cisco CSR 1000V Licenses
◦ Cisco Software Licensing
◦ Cisco Smart Software Licensing
◦ Smart Licenses Regular Operations
◦ Smart Licenses Advanced Operations
◦ Troubleshooting Cisco Smart License Issues
● Upgrading the Cisco IOS XE Software
◦ Prerequisites for the Software Upgrade Process
◦ Save Backup Copies of Your Old System Image and Configuration
◦ Use Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) or Remote Copy Protocol (RCP) to Copy the System Image into
◦ Load the New System Image from Cisco IOS XE Software
◦ Load the New System Image from GRand Unified Bootloader (GRUB) Mode
◦ Save Backup Copies of Your New System Image and Configuration and Reboot Cisco CSR 1000V
● Mapping Cisco CSR 1000V Network Interfaces to Virtual Machine Network Interfaces
◦ Mapping Cisco CSR 1000V Network Interfaces to Virtual Machine Network Interfaces
◦ Mapping Cisco CSR 1000V Network Interfaces with vSwitch Interfaces
● Using GRUB Mode (Bootstrap Program)
◦ GRUB Mode and the Configuration Register Overview
◦ Access GRUB Mode and Use the Menu
◦ Modify the Configuration Register (confreg)
◦ Change the Configuration Register Settings
● Configuring Call Home for Cisco CSR 1000V
◦ Call Home Overview
◦ Obtain Smart Call Home Services
◦ Anonymous Reporting
◦ How to Configure Call Home
◦ Configuring Diagnostic Signatures
◦ Display Call Home Configuration Information
◦ Alert Group Trigger Events and Commands
◦ Message Contents
● Configuring Virtual CPU (vCPU) Distribution Across Data, Control, and Service Planes
◦ Information About vCPU Allocation and Distribution
◦ How to Boot Cisco CSR 1000V with an OVA Image
◦ How to Configure vCPU Distribution Across Data, Control, and Service Planes
● Troubleshooting Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine Issues
◦ Verify the Cisco CSR 1000V Hardware and Virtual Machine Requirements
◦ Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Issues
◦ Troubleshoot Virtual Machine Performance Issues
● Rehosting the Cisco CSR 1000V License
◦ Rehosting a Classical License
◦ Rehosting a Smart License
● Supporting the Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) Feature
◦ Prerequisites for Cisco CSR 1000V VXLAN Support
◦ Configure Cisco CSR 1000V as a VXLAN Layer 2 Gateway
◦ Examples to Configure Cisco CSR 1000V as a VXLAN Layer 2 Gateway
● Deploying Cisco CSR 1000V in a Virtual Private Cloud
◦ Introduction to Virtual Port Channel (VPC)
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V in Microsoft Azure
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V in AWS
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V on Google Cloud Platform
● Exploring Cisco CSR 1000V Operations
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as Highly Secure VPN Gateway
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as an Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) WAN Endpoint
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as a Layer 2 or Layer 3 Extension
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as a Traffic Control Point
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as a VXLAN Gateway
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as a Virtual Route Reflector
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V as a Wireline or Fixed Wireless Gateway
◦ Cisco CSR 1000V in Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) Deployments
● Exploring Programmability on Cisco CSR 1000V
◦ Introduction to Programmability
◦ Provisioning on Cisco CSR 1000V
◦ Shells and Scripting on Cisco CSR 1000V
◦ Model-Driven Programmability on Cisco CSR 1000V
● Deploy or Install Cisco CSR 1000V in a VMware ESXi Environment
● Boot Cisco CSR 1000V and Access the Console
● Explore Cisco IOS XE with CLI and Web User Interface
● Install, Activate, and Verify License in Cisco CSR 1000V
● Upgrade Cisco IOS XE Software on Cisco CSR 1000V
● Map Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Interfaces
● Access and Use GRUB Mode
● Configure Call Home on a Cisco CSR 1000V
● Modify Templates for vCPU Distribution in Cisco CSR 1000V
● Troubleshoot Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine Issues
● Rehost a Cisco CSR 1000V License
● Configure VXLAN on Cisco CSR 1000V
● Deploy Cisco CSR 1000V in AWS
● Cisco CSR 1000V Operations
● Enable Guest Shell, Python, and Cisco Embedded Event Manager Cisco EEM) on Cisco CSR 1000V
● Configure Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) in Cisco CSR 1000V
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
● CCNA® (or equivalent knowledge)
● Cloud Virtualization/VMware competency
● IP Network Security and VPN (IPSec)
The following course can help you meet these prerequisites:
● Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!