Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSD) v1.1
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSD) v1.1 Course Overview:
In the Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSD) v1.1 course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills required to design Cisco wireless networks. This course provides comprehensive coverage of design principles and considerations, starting from scenario design concepts and extending through the installation phase to post-deployment validation.
Throughout the course, you will learn about various aspects of designing Cisco wireless networks. The topics covered include:
- Design principles and strategies: Understand the fundamental principles and strategies for designing wireless networks, including coverage, capacity, and mobility considerations.
- Wireless network requirements: Learn how to gather and analyze requirements for designing wireless networks that meet the specific needs of organizations.
- Wireless site survey: Gain knowledge on performing wireless site surveys to assess the coverage and performance of wireless networks in different environments.
- Wireless network architecture: Explore different wireless network architectures, including centralized and distributed architectures, and understand their advantages and considerations.
- WLAN deployment options: Learn about different WLAN deployment options, such as autonomous APs, lightweight APs with controllers, and cloud-managed APs.
- Security and network services: Understand how to design secure wireless networks and integrate network services such as authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA), Quality of Service (QoS), and mobility services.
By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and skills to design Cisco wireless networks that meet the specific requirements and objectives of organizations. You will be equipped with the expertise to plan and implement wireless network designs, perform site surveys, and ensure proper functionality and performance of wireless networks. This course will enhance your ability to design scalable, secure, and efficient wireless networks using Cisco technologies and best practices.
This course, including the self-paced material, helps prepare you to take the exam, Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (300-425 ENWLSD), which leads to to the CCNP® Enterprise and Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Wireless Design certifications. This course also earns you 40 Continuing Education (CE) credits
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Gain the knowledge you need to plan advanced designs of Cisco wireless products
● Qualify for professional-level job roles in wireless networking
● Prepare for the Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (300-425 ENWLSD) exam.
● Earn 40 CE credits toward recertification
What to expect in the exam
This course will help you prepare for the Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (300-425 ENWLSD) exam. This exam tests your knowledge of wireless network design, including site surveys, wired and wireless infrastructure, mobility, and WLAN high availability.
After you pass 300-425 ENWLSD:
● You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Wireless Design certification.
● You satisfy the concentration requirement for the new CCNP Enterprise certification. To complete your CCNP Enterprise certification, pass the Enterprise core exam, Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (350-401 ENCOR).
Who should enroll
This course is for wireless engineers who work in the following roles:
● Consulting systems engineer
● Network administrator
● Network engineer
● Network manager
● Sales engineer
● Systems engineer
● Technical solutions architect
● Wireless design engineer
● Wireless engineer
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe and implement a Cisco-recommended structured design methodology
● Describe and implement industry standards, amendments, certifications, and Requests For Comments
● Describe and implement Cisco enhanced wireless features
● Describe and implement the wireless design process
● Describe and implement specific vertical designs
● Describe and implement site survey processes
● Describe and implement network validation processes
● Describing and Implementing a Structured Wireless Design Methodology
◦ Importance of Planning Wireless Design with a Structured Methodology
◦ Cisco Structured Design Model
◦ Cisco Design Guides and Cisco Validated Designs for Wireless Networks
◦ Role of the Project Manager When Designing Wireless Networks
● Describing and Implementing Industry Protocols and Standards
◦ Wireless Standards Bodies
◦ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 802.11 Standard and Amendments
◦ Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) Certifications
◦ Relevant Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Wireless RFCs
◦ Practice Activity
● Describing and Implementing Cisco Enhanced Wireless Features
◦ Hardware and Software Choices for a Wireless Network Design
◦ Cisco Infrastructure Settings for Wireless Network Design
◦ Cisco Enhanced Wireless Features
● Examining Cisco Mobility and Roaming
◦ Mobility and Intercontroller Mobility in a Wireless Network
◦ Optimize Client Roaming in a Wireless Network
◦ Cisco Workgroup Bridge (WGB) and WGB Roaming in a Wireless Network
● Describing and Implementing the Wireless Design Process
◦ Overview of Wireless Design Process
◦ Meet with the Customer to Discuss the Wireless Network Design
◦ Customer Information Gathering for a Wireless Network Design
◦ Design the Wireless Network
◦ Deployment of the Wireless Network
◦ Validation and Final Adjustments of the Wireless Network
◦ Wireless Network Design Project Documents and Deliverables
● Describing and Implementing Specific Vertical Designs
◦ Designs for Wireless Applications
◦ Wireless Network Design Within the Campus
◦ Extend Wireless Networks to the Branch Sites
● Examining Special Considerations in Advanced Wireless Designs
◦ High-Density Designs in Wireless Networks
◦ Introducing Location and Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) Concepts
◦ Design for Location
◦ FastLocate and HyperLocation
◦ Bridges and Mesh in a Wireless Network Design
◦ Redundancy and High Availability in a Wireless Network
● Describing and Implementing the Site Survey Processes
◦ Site Survey Types
◦ Special Arrangements Needed for Site Surveys
◦ Safety Aspects to be Considered During Site Surveys
◦ Site Survey Tools in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
◦ Third-Party Site Survey Software and Hardware Tools
● Describing and Implementing Wireless Network Validation Processes
◦ Post-installation Wireless Network Validation
◦ Making Post-installation Changes to a Wireless Network
◦ Wireless Network Handoff to the Customer
◦ Installation Report
● Review Cisco Enhanced Wireless Features
● Design a Wireless Network
● Design a Wireless Network for a Specific Vertical
● Design a Wireless Network that Extends Beyond the Campus (ILT output)
● Use Cisco Prime Infrastructure as a Design Tool
● Create a Predictive Site Survey with Ekahau Pro
● Review a Live Site Survey Using Access Point on a Stick (APoS)
● Simulate a Post-installation Network Validation Survey
Before taking this course, you should have:
● General knowledge of networks
● General knowledge of wireless networks
● Routing and switching knowledge
Either of the following combinations of Cisco courses can help you meet these prerequisites:
● Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR) and Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!