Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 Course Overview:
In the Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for the Cisco DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles. This course focuses on implementing basic network applications and automating workflows across various infrastructure domains, including network, security, collaboration, and computing.
Throughout the course, you will learn how to develop applications and automate workflows using Cisco platforms as a foundation. The topics covered include:
- Network Application Development: Gain knowledge on developing network applications using Cisco platforms, including programmability and software development concepts.
- APIs and Protocols: Understand different APIs and protocols used for network automation, including REST APIs, NETCONF, and RESTCONF.
- Cisco Platforms: Learn about Cisco platforms and technologies that support automation and application development, such as Cisco DNA Center, Cisco ACI, and Cisco Webex.
- Automation and Orchestration: Explore automation and orchestration concepts and tools, including Ansible, Puppet, and Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO).
- Collaboration Automation: Understand how to automate collaboration workflows using Cisco Webex and related APIs.
- Security Automation: Learn about automating security tasks and workflows using Cisco Security platforms and APIs.
By the end of the course, you will have hands-on experience solving real-world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop network applications, automate workflows, and leverage Cisco platforms for network automation. This course will prepare you for the Cisco DevNet Associate certification and provide a foundation for pursuing network automation engineer roles.
This course helps you prepare to take the 200-901 DevNet Associate (DEVASC) exam. By passing this exam, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification. This course also earns you 48 Continuing Education (CE)
credits towards recertification.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Take advantage of the network when you implement applications to fulfill business needs
● Gain a foundation in the essentials of applications, automation, and Cisco platforms
● Earn 48 CE credits toward recertification
● Prepare for the 200-901 DEVASC exam and join the DevNet Class of 2020
What to expect in the exam
The 200-901 DEVASC exam certifies your knowledge of software development and design including understanding and using APIs, Cisco platforms and development, application development and security, and infrastructure and automation.
After you pass 200-901 DEVASC, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
Who should enroll
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification will also find this material useful.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
● Network automation engineer
● Software developer
● System integration programmer
Additional job roles that might be interested:
● Infrastructure architect
● Network designer
● Network programmability
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
● Describe common processes and practices used in software development
● Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
● Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
● Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
● Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
● Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
● Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
● Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
● Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
● Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
● Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
● Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
This class includes lecture sections and self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in realtime, either in person or via video conferencing. In e-learning courses, the lectures are on recorded videos. In both versions, you will need to review self-study sections on your own before taking the certification exam.
● Parse API Data Formats with Python
● Use Git for Version Control
● Identify Software Architecture and Design Patterns on a Diagram
● Implement Singleton Pattern and Abstraction-Based Method
● Inspect HTTP Protocol Messages
● Use Postman
● Troubleshoot an HTTP Error Response
● Utilize APIs with Python
● Use the Cisco Controller APIs
● Use the Cisco Webex Teams™ Collaboration API
● Interpret a Basic Network Topology Diagram
● Identify the Cause of Application Connectivity Issues
● Perform Basic Network Configuration (NETCONF) Operations
● Use Cisco Software Development Kit (SDK) and Python for Automation Scripting
● Utilize Bash Commands for Local Development
● Construct Infrastructure Automation Workflow
● Construct a Python Unit Test
● Interpret a Dockerfile
● Utilize Docker Commands to Manage Local Developer Environment
● Exploit Insufficient Parameter Sanitization
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
● Basic computer literacy
● Basic PC operating system navigation skills
● Basic Internet usage skills
● Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
Here are Cisco learning resources that can help you prepare:
● Python Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE)
● Explore the DevNet Certification area for specific topics and labs related to this course and certification:
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!