Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0 Course Overview:
In the Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0 course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for the Cisco DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles. This course focuses on implementing network applications using Cisco platforms as a foundation, covering all stages from software design to system integration, testing, and deployment automation.
Throughout the course, you will learn how to develop network applications using Cisco platforms and leverage their APIs. The topics covered include:
- Software Design and Development: Gain knowledge on software design principles and development methodologies for network applications.
- Cisco Platforms and APIs: Understand the features and capabilities of Cisco platforms and the associated APIs, including Cisco IOS XE, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco ACI, Cisco DNA Center, and Cisco Webex.
- Network Automation and Orchestration: Explore network automation and orchestration concepts and tools, including Ansible, Puppet, and Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO).
- Network Testing and Assurance: Learn about testing strategies and tools for network applications, including unit testing, integration testing, and network assurance frameworks.
- DevOps Practices: Understand DevOps principles and practices for efficient and collaborative software development and deployment.
- Application Deployment and Management: Learn how to deploy and manage network applications in production environments, including version control, release management, and monitoring.
By the end of the course, you will have hands-on experience solving real-world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop network applications, automate network tasks, and leverage Cisco platforms for network automation and management. This course will prepare you for the Cisco DevNet Professional certification and provide a solid foundation for pursuing professional-level network automation engineer roles.
This course helps you prepare to take the 350-901 Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) exam. By passing this exam, you satisfy the core exam requirement toward Cisco Certified DevNet Professional, and you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist – Core certification. This course also
earns you 64 Continuing Education (CE) credits towards recertification.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Take full advantage of the network and software development practices when you implement applications to fulfill business needs
● Gain proficiency with applications, automation, and Cisco platforms
● Earn 64 CE credits toward recertification
● Prepare for the 350-901 DEVCOR exam and join the DevNet class of 2020
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
This course covers specialized material about designing, developing, and debugging applications using Cisco APIs and platforms, and managing and deploying applications on Cisco infrastructure. To fully benefit from this course,
you should have three to five years of experience designing and implementing applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for:
● Network engineers expanding their skill-base to include software and automation
● Developers expanding expertise in automation and DevOps
● Solution architects moving to the Cisco ecosystem
● Infrastructure developers designing hardened production environments
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
● Senior network automation engineer
● Senior software developer
● Senior system integration programmer
Additional job roles that could find this course useful are:
● Senior infrastructure architect
● Senior network designer
● Senior test development engineer
Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Professional and Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist – Core certification will also find this material useful.
● Network programmability
This class includes lecture sections and self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in realtime, either in person or via video conferencing. In e-learning courses, the lectures are on recorded videos. In both versions, you will need to review self-study sections on your own before taking the certification exam.
● Construct Sequence Diagram
● Construct Web Sequence Diagram
● Use Cisco Webex Teams™ API to Enable ChatOps
● Integrate Cisco Meraki™ API to List Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) and Retrieve Location Data
● Use Paginated REST API Endpoint
● Utilize REST API Error Control Flow Techniques
● Evaluate Application for Common Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Vulnerabilities
● Resolve Merge Conflicts with Git
● Diagnose Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline Failures
● Containerize Application Using Docker
● Integrate Application into Existing CI/CD Environment
● Diagnose Problems Using Application Logs
● Configure Network Parameters Using Puppet
● Configure Network Parameters Using Ansible
● Synchronize Firepower Device Configuration
● Utilize RESTCONF for Network Configuration
● Query Relational Database
● Query Document Store
● Query Time Series Database
● Query Graph Database
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam as well as knowledge in the following areas:
● Knowledge of program design and coding with focus on Python
● Familiarity with Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Internet-related networking
● Understand the utilization of APIs
● Understanding of software development and design methodologies
● Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
Here are Cisco learning resources that can help you prepare:
● Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC)
● Explore the DevNet Certification area for specific topics and labs related to this course and certification: https://developer.cisco.com/certification/
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!