Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform Course Overview:
In this course, application developers will learn how to design, develop, and deploy cloud-native applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants will gain the skills to utilize GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent applications.
Key topics covered include GCP service utilization, cloud-native application development principles, security and scalability considerations, integration with managed services, leveraging pre-trained machine learning APIs, and application deployment options.
By the end of the course, participants will have the practical knowledge to design, develop, and deploy cloud-native applications that effectively leverage GCP’s managed services. They will be equipped to build secure, scalable, and intelligent applications by incorporating pre-trained machine learning capabilities provided by GCP. This course enables application developers to maximize the potential of the Google Cloud Platform for creating robust and innovative cloud-native applications.
Application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Use best practices for application development.
- Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
- Implement federated identity management.
- Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices.
- Integrate application components and data sources.
- Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
- Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
- Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google ContainerEngine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution withGoogle App Engine flexible environment.
Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform
Module 1: Best Practices for Application Development
- Code and environment management
- Design and development of secure, scalable, reliable, loosely coupled application components and microservices
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Re-architecting applications for the cloud
Module 2: Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- How to set up and use Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google CloudSDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- Lab: Set up Google Client Libraries, Cloud SDK, and Firebase SDK on a Linux instance and set up application credentials
Module 3: Overview of Data Storage Options
- Overview of options to store application data
- Use cases for Google Cloud Storage, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Bigtable, Google Cloud SQL, and Cloud Spanner
Module 4: Best Practices for Using Cloud Firestore
- Best practices related to using Cloud Firestore in Datastore mode for:
○Built-in and composite indexes
○Inserting and deleting data (batch operations)
- Bulk-loading data into Cloud Firestore by using Google Cloud Dataflow
- Lab: Store application data in Cloud Datastore
Module 5: Performing Operations on Cloud Storage
- Operations that can be performed on buckets and objects
- Consistency model
- Error handling Training and Certification
Module 6: Best Practices for Using Cloud Storage
- Naming buckets for static websites and other uses
- Naming objects (from an access distribution perspective)
- Performance considerations
- Setting up and debugging a CORS configuration on a bucket
- Lab: Store files in Cloud Storage
Module 7: Handling Authentication and Authorization
- Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and service accounts
- User authentication by using Firebase Authentication
- User authentication and authorization by using Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy
- Lab: Authenticate users by using Firebase Authentication
Module 8: Using Pub/Sub to Integrate Components of Your Application
- Topics, publishers, and subscribers
- Pull and push subscriptions
- Use cases for Cloud Pub/Sub
- Lab: Develop a backend service to process messages in a message queue
Module 9: Adding Intelligence to Your Application
- Overview of pre-trained machine learning APIs such as Cloud VisionAPI and Cloud Natural Language Processing API.
Module 10: Using Cloud Functions for Event-Driven Processing
- Key concepts such as triggers, background functions, HTTP functions
- Use cases
- Developing and deploying functions
- Logging, error reporting, and monitoring
Module 11: Managing APIs with Cloud Endpoints
- Open API deployment configuration
- Lab: Deploy an API for your application Training and Certification
Module 12: Deploying Applications
- Creating and storing container images
- Repeatable deployments with deployment configuration and templates
- Lab: Use Deployment Manager to deploy a web application into Google App Engine flexible environment test and production environments
Module 13: Execution Environments for Your Application
- Considerations for choosing an execution environment for your application or service:
○Google Compute Engine (GCE)
○Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
○App Engine flexible environment
- Lab: Deploying your application on App Engine flexible environment
Module 14: Debugging, Monitoring, and Tuning Performance
- Application Performance Management Tools
- Stackdriver Debugger
- Stackdriver Error Reporting
- Lab: Debugging an application error by using Stackdriver Debugger and Error Reporting
- Stackdriver Logging
- Key concepts related to Stackdriver Trace and Stackdriver Monitoring
Lab: Use Stackdriver Monitoring and Stackdriver Trace to trace are quest across services, observe, and optimize performance
To get the most benefit from this course, participants should have the following prerequisites:
- Completed Google CloudPlatform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Node.js, Python, or Java
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!