Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) Certification
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) Certification Course Overview:
The Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) course is designed for experienced agile practitioners seeking to optimize team performance, collaborate effectively with organizational allies, and tackle advanced challenges using the Disciplined Agile (DA™) toolkit. This course, which offers 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs), prepares participants for the DASSM exam and equips them with the knowledge and skills to immediately apply Disciplined Agile in their leadership roles.
Through this course, participants will learn advanced techniques and strategies for leveraging the Disciplined Agile toolkit, enabling them to enhance team productivity and address complex problems. By completing the DASSM course, agile practitioners will gain the necessary expertise to confidently lead teams, collaborate with stakeholders, and apply the principles of Disciplined Agile in real-world scenarios.
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Disciplined Agile Scrum Masters
- Anyone familiar with the basics of Agile and Lean
- Anyone interested in learning Agile methodology
- Take a deep dive into the DA tool kit to develop a comprehensive understanding of the hundreds of practices and strategies it contains and the trade-offs of applying them.
- Learn how to apply the DA tool kit to guide your teams in choosing and evolving your best way of working (WoW) in any situation.
- Use the DA tool kit to solve complex challenges commonly encountered in both software and operational business teams.
- Learn how to lead agile teams through key enterprise activities, such as planning, coordinating, and reporting, and be ready to show your improvements in areas where your organization is struggling.
- Understand how to improve value delivery for your customers by empowering others in your organization, nurturing emotional intelligence, and resolving conflicts.
Module 1: Team development for high-performance teams
- Understanding team development
- Three issues of team performance
- Four stages of team development
- Decision-making methods for teams
Module 2: Tactical scaling in complex situations
- Enterprise agility
- How functional areas can leverage agile and lean practices
- Strategic scaling versus tactical scaling
- Tactical scaling factors
- How scaling factors impact process goals
Module 3: Optimizing how we work within a DevOps environment
- The purpose and scope of the Disciplined DevOps layer of the DA tool kit
- How to use the DA tool kit to optimize how a team works with the Disciplined DevOps layer
- How to use the DA tool kit to identify and help resolve challenges teams face in the Disciplined DevOps layer
- The test-first method
Module 4: Optimizing how we work within our value stream
- Value streams
- Value stream layer
- Using the value stream
- MBIs and MVPs
- Using the DA tool kit
- Activity: Using the DA tool kit to coordinate activities
Module 5: Pragmatic planning for agile teams
- Agile modeling
- Sufficient planning
- Gantt charts
- Release planning
- Improving planning
Module 6: Pragmatic reporting and metrics for agile teams
- Understanding metrics
- How teams approach metrics
- How organizations approach metrics
- Effective ways to measure and report
- Use the DA tool kit to solve measurement and reporting challenges
- How to choose and design the metrics you need
- Two years of experience working in an agile team, ideally in a leadership role such as Disciplined Agile scrum master, scrum master, product owner, or architecture owner.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the DA tool kit by having done one or more of the following:
- Taken the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM)course
- Taken The Basics of Disciplined Agileonline course
- Read section 1, or more, of Choose Your WoW—Complementary digital copy included with DASSM
- To determine if you’re ready, you can take our quick Disciplined Agile Knowledge Check. If you score 75% or more you’re ready. If you score less, consider taking the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM)certification course.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!