Duration : 2 Days (12 Hours)
FortiManager Course Overview:
In this course, you will gain a foundational understanding of utilizing FortiManager for the centralized network administration of multiple FortiGate devices. Through interactive labs, you will explore various deployment strategies, such as single or multiple Administrative Domains (ADOMs), device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installation of configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting essential features for day-to-day management after deploying FortiManager.
- Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies using the FortiManager platform should attend this course
Learning Objectives of FortiManager:
Upon completing this course, you will have the following capabilities:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager.
- Understand the FortiManager API and meta fields.
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager.
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access using workspaces and workflow mode.
- Utilize provisioning templates for making device-level changes across multiple devices.
- Identify synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices.
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects.
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs.
- Comprehend the Fortinet Security Fabric in conjunction with FortiManager.
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager.
- Centrally manage the firmware of supported devices.
- Provide a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues effectively.
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Administration and Management
- Device Registration
- Device-Level Configuration and Installation
- Policy and Objects
- Global ADOM and Central Management
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Additional Configuration
FortiManager Course Prerequisites:
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in the FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure courses
- Basic understanding of network management systems
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!