G Suite Administration
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
G Suite Administration Course Overview:
This comprehensive series of courses is designed to provide new G Suite admins with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively manage and establish best practices for their organization. By completing these courses, you will gain confidence in utilizing the admin console to manage users, control service access, configure security settings, and more. The training includes readings, step-by-step hands-on exercises, and knowledge checks to ensure a thorough understanding of the material. Upon completion, learners will have all the necessary skills to begin their journey as G Suite administrators.
Individuals looking to learn the fundamental skills needed to manage G Suite for their organization, and tech savvy individuals who want to learn more about G Suite.
- You will setup and configure a new G Suite account, and explore options for provisioning.
- You will learn how to manage your users and become familiar with organizational structures and core services such as Gmail and Calendar.
- You will learn how to configure these services to meet your own needs for different parts of the organization.
- You will be introduced to Google’s best practices to protect your users and data.
- You will examine user and application security and become familiar with the Single Sign On (SSO) options available for your organization.
- You will be able to use the tools provided to identify security events and risks and mitigate problems that may arise.
- You will configure email compliance and implement measures to protect your organization from spam, spoofing, phishing and malware attacks.
- You will also become familiar with the various mail routing options available. Finally, you will learn Google’s best practices for deploying G Suite into your organization.
Module 1: Introduction to G Suite
- Create a G Suite account and navigate the admin console.
- Describe the key properties of the G Suite directory.
- Explain provisioning options for users, groups, and calendar resources in G Suite.
- Undertake common user management tasks.
- Explain how an organizational structure is used in G Suite to simplify user and service management.
- Describe the types of admin roles available in G Suite.
Module 2: Managing G Suite
- Configure G Suite services for different parts of the organization.
- Configure settings for G Suite core services such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Docs.
- Explain the mobile device management options available in G Suite.
- Describe Google Vault, and explain how to use it to retain, search, and export your organization’s data.
- Run and interpret administrative reports.
- Explain the basics of multi-domain management within G Suite.
Module 3: G Suite Security
- Configure G Suite’s user protection settings, such as password policies and recovery.
- Implement 2-step verification in your organization.
- Describe the SSO options available in G Suite.
- Integrate cloud-based applications with G Suite.
- Integrate LDAP-compliant applications using Secure LDAP.
- Configure trusted applications for your organization.
- Configure access to trusted applications to prevent malicious attacks.
- Use the security center to identify, triage, and take action on security and privacy issues.
Module 4: G Suite Mail Management
- Explain the Domain Name System (DNS), and be able to identify the common record types.
- Implement G Suite’s email security measures, and explain the purpose of each.
- Configure G Suite to protect users from spam, phishing, and malware attacks.
- Implement email compliance features provided by G Suite.
- Describe common G Suite email routing options.
Module 5: Planning Your G Suite Deployment
- Describe Google’s three-phase deployment methodology.
- Describe how to provision domains, users, groups, and other objects in G Suite.
- Describe mail delivery types, and explain how routing should be configured during each deployment phase.
- Explain migration options, and make recommendations based on organizational needs.
- Describe how to migrate mail, calendar, and contacts data from a legacy platform to G Suite.
- Explain coexistence challenges encountered during a G Suite deployment, and recommend best practices, in particular around calendar coexistence.
- Describe the value of Change Management and the importance of the Change Manager.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!