GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer Course Overview:
Welcome to our GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course! This comprehensive program aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a proficient Data Protection Officer (DPO) and ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Through this course, you will gain a deep understanding of GDPR principles and regulations, enabling you to effectively fulfill the role of a DPO.
- Understand the key principles and concepts of data protection and the legal framework provided by the GDPR.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Data Protection Officer and their significance in organizational compliance.
- Learn how to conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and effectively manage data breaches in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- Acquire the knowledge to establish and maintain a data protection governance framework within an organization.
- Develop the skills to design and implement policies, procedures, and controls to safeguard personal data and ensure data privacy.
- Learn how to manage data subject rights requests, including consent management, data access, rectification, erasure, and objection processes.
- Understand the requirements for international data transfers and the necessary safeguards to protect personal data.
- Explore best practices for conducting privacy audits, ensuring ongoing compliance, and monitoring data protection activities.
- Gain insights into the relationship between data protection and emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Prepare for the Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO) examination to validate your expertise in GDPR compliance.
- IT Professionals
- IT Security Managers
- Project Managers
- Senior Managers
- Aspiring Security Officers
- Project Team Members
- Project Board Members
- Candidates aiming to enhance their knowledge on Data Protection
- Professionals who are looking to take up the GDPR certification exam
Module 1: Training course objectives and structure
- General information
- Learning objectives
- Educational approach
- Examination and certification
- About PECB
Module 2: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Structure of the GDPR
- GDPR subject-matter and objectives
- GDPR into EU, EEA, and EFTA countries
- European Data Protection Board
- Impact on the EU and beyond
- Supervisory authority
- Administrative fines
- GDPR in the United Kingdom
- UK GDPR and data protection act (DPA)
Module 3: Core considerations for the GDPR
- Personal data protection
- Key concepts
- Personal data categories
- Data protection principles
- The rights of the data subject
- Analysis of the GDPR challenges
Module 4: Designation of the DPO
- Qualification of the DPO
- Tasks of the DPO
- Position of the DPO
Module 5: Analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Controllers and processors under the GDPR
- Cooperation with the supervisory authority
- Gap analysis
- The GDPR scope
Module 6: Relationship with the top management
- The DPO and the top management
- Promoting data protection to top management level
- Allocating resources
- Employment contract of the DPO
- Independence of the DPO in performing the tasks
- Reporting to the top management
Module 7: Data protection policy
- The structure of a policy
- The application of the data protection policy
- Data protection policy control, evaluation, and review
- Communicating the data protection policy
- Review of other policies related to data protection
Module 8: Register of processing activities
- Identification of processing activities
- Steps to create records
- Key elements of records of processing activities
- DPO’s role in keeping records of processing activities
- Monitoring the data processing records
Module 9: Risk management process
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance
Module 10: DPO operations
- Data protection impact assessment
- Need for a data protection impact assessment
- When is a data protection impact assessment not necessary?
- Role of the DPO in a data protection impact assessment
- Data protection impact assessment methodologies
Module 11: Documentation management
- Work documents
- Types of documents
- Value of documentation
- Common problems in documentation management
Module 12: Evaluation of the data protection controls
- The ISO/IEC 27701 standard
- Mapping of the GDPR to ISO/IEC 27701
- Data protection controls
Module 13: Data protection and technology
- Data protection by design and by default
- Access control
- Logging and monitoring
- Technical security measures
- Mobile and portable devices
- Software life cycle security
- Data erasure and storage
Module 14: Awareness, training, and communication
- Awareness program
- Training program
- Evaluation of the outcomes of the awareness and training sessions
- DPO as a point of contact
Module 15: Incident management and personal data breaches
- Events vs. incidents
- Frequent threats and incidents
- Incident management
- Personal data breach
- Personal data breach response plan
- Personal data breach notification
- Examples of personal data breaches
Module 16: Monitoring and measuring compliance
- Determine measurement objectives
- Define what needs to be monitored and measured
- Monitor compliance
- Determine the frequency and method of monitoring and measurement
- Report the results
Module 17: Data protection internal audit
- What is an audit?
- Types of audits
- Differences between internal and external audits
- Data protection audit
- Collecting and verifying information
- Knowledge and competence to audit
- Following up on nonconformities
- Data protection external audit
Module 18: Treatment of nonconformities
- The eight disciplines problem-solving method
- Root cause analysis
- Corrective action process
- Preventive action process
- Evaluation of the action plan
Module 19: Continual improvement
- Continual monitoring of change factors
- Maintenance and improvement
- Continual update of documentation
- Documentation of improvements
Module 20: Closing the training course
- PECB GDPR certification scheme
- PECB certification process
- Other PECB services
- Other PECB training courses and certifications
GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer Course Prerequisites:
- There are no prerequisites for taking up the Data Protection Officer training course. Anybody can be part of this CDPO online training which sheds light on the latest know-how of data security knowledge in line with emerging technologies.
- However, it would be beneficial if the participant had a basic understanding of GDPR knowledge.
Q: What is the GDPR?
A: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a comprehensive data protection law enacted by the European Union (EU) to strengthen the protection of personal data and enhance the rights of individuals. It sets guidelines for how organizations handle and process personal data, aiming to ensure privacy and data protection for EU citizens.
Q: Who is the GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course intended for?
A: The GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course is designed for individuals who are interested in becoming Data Protection Officers (DPOs) or professionals already working in data protection roles. It is suitable for individuals responsible for ensuring GDPR compliance within organizations, such as privacy officers, legal professionals, IT managers, compliance officers, and consultants.
Q: What are the benefits of becoming a certified GDPR Data Protection Officer?
A: Becoming a certified GDPR Data Protection Officer provides several advantages. It demonstrates your expertise and competence in data protection and GDPR compliance, enhancing your professional credibility. Certified DPOs are highly valued by organizations seeking to ensure compliance with the GDPR and protect personal data. Additionally, the certification enables you to effectively manage data protection activities, mitigate risks, and safeguard individuals’ rights, making you an invaluable asset to any organization.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for the GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course?
A: There are no strict prerequisites for the GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course. However, having a basic understanding of data protection concepts and familiarity with the GDPR is beneficial. Individuals with prior experience or knowledge in privacy, legal, IT, or compliance fields may find it advantageous during the course.
Q: Is the GDPR certification recognized globally?
A: While the GDPR is an EU regulation, the knowledge and skills gained through the GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course are applicable and valuable beyond EU borders. Organizations worldwide recognize the importance of data protection and privacy, making the expertise gained from GDPR certification globally relevant and sought after.
Q: Will the GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course cover national data protection laws?
A: The GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer course primarily focuses on the GDPR, which is applicable across the European Union. However, the course may touch upon the relationship between the GDPR and national data protection laws, providing insights into their interplay and considerations for compliance.
Q: Can this training be customized for specific organizational needs?
A: This training can be customized to address specific organizational needs. We can discuss customization options based on your requirements.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!