Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Duration: 1 Day (8 Hours)
Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine Course Overview:
The “Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine” class provides students with the skills to containerize workloads using Docker containers, deploy them on Google Kubernetes Engine clusters, and scale the workloads to handle increased traffic. Additionally, students will learn how to implement continuous deployment strategies in Kubernetes clusters to ensure seamless application updates.
Solutions developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects planning to deploy applications and create application environments on GKE. Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of GKE to address business needs.
- Understand how software containers work.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes. – Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Kubernetes Engine.
- Create Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/ kubectl commands.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud
- Use the Google Cloud Console.
- Use Cloud Shell.
- Define Cloud Computing.
- Identify Google Cloud compute services.
- Understand regions and zones.
- Understand the Cloud resource hierarchy.
- Administer your Google Cloud resources.
Module 2: Containers and Kubernetes in Google Cloud
- Create a container using Cloud Build.
- Store a container in Container Registry.
- Understand the relationship between Kubernetes and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Understand how to choose among Google Cloud Compute platforms.
Module 3: Kubernetes Architecture
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes: pods, namespaces.
- Understand the control-plane components of Kubernetes.
- Create container images using Cloud Build.
- Store container images in Container Registry.
- Create a Kubernetes engine cluster.
Module 4: Introduction to Kubernetes Workloads
- The kubectl command.
- Introduction to deployments.
- Pod networking.
- Volumes overview.
Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine Course Prerequisites:
- Familiarity with application development, Linux operating systems, systems operations, and Docker containers or Kubernetes is helpful in understanding the technologies covered.
- Completed Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience.
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
Q: What is the “Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine” course?
A: The “Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine” course is an introductory training program that provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). The course covers the fundamental concepts of Kubernetes, GKE architecture, and practical hands-on exercises for deploying applications on GKE.
Q: Who is this course suitable for?
A: This course is suitable for developers, system administrators, DevOps engineers, and IT professionals who want to learn how to leverage Google Kubernetes Engine for container orchestration. It is designed for individuals who have a basic understanding of containers and cloud computing concepts and want to explore the capabilities of Kubernetes on the Google Cloud Platform.
Q: What topics are covered in this course?
A: The “Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine” course covers a range of topics, including Kubernetes architecture and components, deploying a Kubernetes cluster using GKE, managing containerized applications with Pods, Services, and Deployments, scaling and updating applications, monitoring and logging, and best practices for deploying applications on GKE.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for this course?
A: Participants should have a basic understanding of containers, Docker, and cloud computing concepts. Familiarity with the Linux command line and basic networking concepts is beneficial but not mandatory. Prior knowledge of Kubernetes is not required as the course provides an introduction to Kubernetes and focuses on GKE-specific implementation.
Q: What are the key skills and knowledge gained from this course?
A: By completing this course, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to effectively deploy and manage containerized applications on Google Kubernetes Engine. They will learn how to create and manage Kubernetes clusters, deploy applications using YAML manifests, scale and update applications, monitor and troubleshoot applications, and follow best practices for running workloads on GKE.
Q: Is there any certification associated with this course?
A: While this course does not directly lead to a specific certification, the knowledge and skills acquired through this training can be valuable for individuals pursuing certifications related to Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform, such as the “Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect” or “Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)” certifications.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!