Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure
Duration: 1 Day (8 Hours)
Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure Course Overview:
This one-day Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure course provides participants an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a mix of demos, presentations, and hands-on labs, members will learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and the way to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
- Participants planning to deploy applications and build application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers figuring out the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business requirements.
- Identify the objective and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Define ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and effectively use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine and Google Kubernetes Engine
- Choose among and effectively use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Bigtable, Google Cloud SQL and Google Cloud Datastore
- Generate basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Generate basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Generate basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Compute Engine
Storage in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL
Containers in the Cloud
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Kubernetes Engine
Applications in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: App Engine
Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Deployment Manager and Stackdriver
Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: BigQuery
Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure Course Prerequisites:
Experience with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors.
Q: What is the “Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure” course?
A: The “Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure” course is an introductory training program that provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of the core infrastructure components and services offered by Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The course covers key concepts, features, and use cases of GCP, enabling participants to get started with Google Cloud.
Q: Who is this course suitable for?
A: This course is suitable for IT professionals, developers, system administrators, and individuals who are new to Google Cloud Platform. It is designed for those who want to gain a solid understanding of GCP’s core infrastructure and services and learn how to effectively utilize them for various use cases.
Q: What topics are covered in this course?
A: The “Google Cloud Fundamentals Core Infrastructure” course covers a range of topics, including GCP’s global infrastructure, virtual machines and storage options, networking fundamentals, deploying applications with Google Cloud, managing GCP resources, and monitoring and debugging applications on GCP.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for this course?
A: There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, a basic understanding of cloud computing concepts and familiarity with navigating the command line interface is beneficial. No prior experience with Google Cloud Platform is required.
Q: What are the key skills and knowledge gained from this course?
A: By completing this course, participants will gain a solid understanding of Google Cloud Platform’s core infrastructure components and services. They will learn how to create and manage virtual machines, store and manage data with GCP’s storage options, configure and manage networking in GCP, deploy applications, manage GCP resources, and monitor and debug applications on GCP.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!