Implementing Cisco HyperFlex (DCIHX) v1.3
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Implementing Cisco HyperFlex (DCIHX) v1.3 Course Overview:
The Implementing Cisco HyperFlex (DCIHX) v1.3 course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and utilize the Cisco® HyperFlex™ data platform in multi-cloud environments. Throughout this course, you will become familiar with the components of HyperFlex and learn how to install, design, manage, and troubleshoot it to support highly scalable and resilient multi-cloud implementations.
This comprehensive training program offers hands-on experience focused on installation, management, maintenance, and native replication of HyperFlex. You will explore cluster technologies and gain insights into Cisco Intersight™, a powerful management and monitoring platform.
By the end of this course, you will possess the expertise to confidently deploy and manage Cisco HyperFlex in multi-cloud environments. You will understand the intricacies of installation, design, maintenance, and troubleshooting, enabling you to support highly scalable and resilient implementations. With a focus on hands-on learning, you will gain practical experience that will enhance your proficiency and confidence in working with HyperFlex.
Enroll in the Implementing Cisco HyperFlex (DCIHX) v1.3 course and unlock your potential to deploy and utilize the Cisco HyperFlex data platform. Master the skills required to support multi-cloud workloads and ensure highly scalable and resilient infrastructures. Gain hands-on experience and explore the cluster technologies and management capabilities offered by Cisco Intersight™.
Who should enroll
● Data center engineers
● Engineers (design, implementation, pre-sales, post-sales)
● Product managers and sales
● Data Center
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe hyperconvergence, Cisco HyperFlex, and the components of Cisco HyperFlex
● Explain the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) and what makes it valuable to business
● Describe how Cisco HyperFlex Data Platform (HXDP) works
● Describe the physical components of Cisco HyperFlex
● Describe Cisco Intersight and introduce functionalities relevant to HyperFlex
● Install standard ESXi-based vSphere Cisco HyperFlex
● Manage your Cisco HyperFlex VMware ESXi-based cluster
● Describe how to maintain Cisco HyperFlex
● Design a Cisco HyperFlex solution
● Protect the data on your Cisco HyperFlex cluster using replication and data at rest encryption
● Describe a stretched cluster and how is it different from a standard cluster
● Describe an Edge cluster and how is it different from a standard cluster
● Perform basic troubleshooting tasks and explain Cisco Intersight
● Introducing Hyperconvergence and Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Traditional Data Center Design
◦ What Is Hyperconvergence?
● Describing Cisco UCS: The Foundation of Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Cisco Server Deployment Models: Standalone Versus Managed
◦ Cisco UCS Managed Model Benefits
● Describing Cisco HyperFlex Software Components
◦ Virtual Machine Hypervisor
◦ Log-Structured File System
● Describing Cisco HyperFlex Hardware Components
◦ Introducing Cisco HyperFlex Servers
◦ Storage Technologies in Cisco HyperFlex
● Introducing Cisco Intersight
● Installing and Expanding Standard ESXi Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Installation Summary
◦ Software Prerequisites
● Managing Cisco HyperFlex in vSphere Environment
◦ Management Interfaces Overview
◦ Cisco HyperFlex Plugin for vCenter
● Maintaining Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Cisco HyperFlex Upgrade Overview
◦ Cisco HyperFlex Online Upgrade
● Designing Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Cluster Resiliency: VM-Level
◦ Cluster Resiliency: HXDP-Level
● Protecting Your Data
◦ Disaster Recovery Overview
◦ Third-Party Data Restore Solutions
● Introducing Cisco HyperFlex Stretched Deploymen t
◦ Stretched Cluster Overview
● Introducing Cisco HyperFlex EDGE
◦ Cisco HyperFlex EDGE Cluster Overview
◦ Prerequisites and Recommendations
● Troubleshooting Cisco HyperFlex
◦ Troubleshooting Guidelines
◦ Generating Tech Support Bundles
● Investigate Software Components of Cisco HyperFlex
● Investigate Cisco UCS Part of HyperFlex
● Investigate Cisco Intersight
● Install Cisco HyperFlex
● Manage Cisco HyperFlex
● Protect Your HyperFlex VMs
● Investigate Stretched Group
● Install and Manage Stretched HyperFlex Group
● Investigate HyperFlex Edge
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
● Cisco CCNA®–level knowledge about data center architecture and products technologies (network, compute, storage network)
● Familiarity with VMware vCenter and ESXi
● Familiarity with public cloud offerings, primarily AWS, but also Azure and GCP
Recommended Cisco learning offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
● Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU)
● Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)
● Cisco CCNP Data Center specialization modules: DCID, DCIT, DCACI, DCMDS, DCACIA, DCAUI.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!