Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA) v1.0
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA) v1.0 Course Overview:
What you’ll learn in this course
The Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA) v1.0 course is designed to provide advanced training in the application and management of Cisco Nexus® 9000 Series Switches in NX-OS mode. This course focuses on equipping you with the knowledge and skills to effectively deploy and manage the Cisco® NX-OS platform, leveraging features such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Ethernet VPN (EVPN) using Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM).
Throughout this course, you will gain hands-on experience in implementing and managing Multi-Site VXLAN EVPN, integrating L4-L7 services into the fabric to provide external connectivity, and utilizing advanced tenant features. Additionally, you will learn how to implement Cisco NX-OS Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect (ePBR) and Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) features.
By the end of this course, you will have the expertise to apply advanced features and configurations on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in NX-OS mode. You will understand how to leverage VXLAN and EVPN for efficient network connectivity, utilize advanced tenant features, and integrate L4-L7 services seamlessly. Furthermore, you will be equipped with the skills to implement Cisco NX-OS Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect (ePBR) and Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) to enhance traffic management within your network environment.
Enroll in the Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA) v1.0 course and unlock your potential to effectively deploy and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches. Gain hands-on experience in leveraging advanced features and configurations, and master the implementation of VXLAN, EVPN, and other advanced capabilities. Develop the skills to optimize network connectivity, integrate services, and enhance traffic management within your network infrastructure.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Learn how you can integrate Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS mode to manage your enterprise IT environment
● Understand the common platform architecture and key features of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series in NX-OS mode to provide a consistent set of provisioning, management, and diagnostic capabilities for applications
● Data Center
Who should enroll
IT professionals interested in understanding the capabilities of Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches including:
● Data center engineer
● Field engineer
● Network designer
● Network administrator
● Network engineer
● Systems engineer
● Technical solutions architect
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Configure VXLAN EVPN in a single site using Cisco DCNM
● Configure a Multi-Site VXLAN EVPN
● Configure L4-L7 service redirection
● Configure external connectivity from a VXLAN EVPN
● Configure tenant-level features and Tenant-Routed Multicast (TRM) in VXLAN EVPN
● Configure Cisco NX-OS Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect (ePBR) and Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD)
● Describing VXLAN EVPN in Single Site
◦ Describe VXLAN EVPN Control Plane
◦ Describe VXLAN EVPN Data Plane
● Describing Multi-Site VXLAN EVPN
◦ Describe VXLAN EVPN Multi-Site Features
◦ Describe Supported Multi-Site Topologies
● Describing Layer 4-Layer 7 Service Redirection
◦ Describe Layer 4-Layer 7 Service Integration Options
◦ Describe Integration of Active/Standby and Active/Active Service Devices
● Describing External Connectivity from VXLAN EVPN
◦ Describe External VRF-Lite Connectivity
● Describing VXLAN EVPN Functionality Enhancements
◦ Describe Fabric Management Options
◦ Describe Tenant-Level Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Relay
● Describing Cisco NX-OS Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect and Intelligent Traffic Director
◦ Describe Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect
◦ Describe Tenant-Level DHCP Relay
● Import an Existing VXLAN Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) EVPN Fabric into Cisco DCNM
● Configure vPC and Layer 3 Connectivity
● Configure Multi-Site VXLAN EVPN
● Configure Routed Firewall Integration into VXLAN EVPN Using PBR
● Configure External VRF Lite Connectivity and Endpoint Locator
● Configure Tenant DHCP Relay
● Configure Tenant-Routed Multicast
● Configure Enhanced Policy-Based Redirect
● Configure Traffic Load-Balancing Using the ITD
Basic knowledge in the following areas can help you get the most from this course:
● Networking protocols, routing, and switching
● General Cisco data center technologies
● Virtualization fundamentals
● Cisco Nexus platform management
The following course offerings may help you meet these prerequisites:
● Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA®)
● Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU)
● Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)
● Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode (DCNX)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!