Introducing IP Fundamentals of Cisco Fabric for Media (IPFMFD)
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Introducing IP Fundamentals of Cisco Fabric for Media (IPFMFD) Course Overview:
What you’ll learn in this course
Embark on a journey into the world of Internet Protocol (IP) technologies with the IPFMFD v2.0 course, “Introducing IP Fundamentals of Cisco Fabric for Media.” This comprehensive training program offers a deep dive into essential IP concepts, equipping you with a solid foundation in this fundamental networking technology.
Explore a wide range of topics, including Ethernet functions, industry standards, the principles of IP, the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack, and other relevant technologies commonly used in modern networks. Through engaging lectures and practical lab exercises, you’ll gain hands-on experience in configuring basic IP functionality on switches and servers.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a thorough understanding of IP fundamentals and be equipped with the knowledge to apply these concepts effectively in real-world scenarios. Whether you’re new to networking or seeking to enhance your existing skills, this course provides a solid framework to build upon.
Enroll in the IPFMFD v2.0 course and unlock the power of IP technologies. Broaden your knowledge, refine your skills, and gain the confidence to navigate the complexities of modern networks with ease.
What to expect
● Instructor-led training: 2 days in the classroom with hands-on lab practice
● E-learning: Equivalent of 2 days in the classroom with hands-on lab practice
How you’ll benefit
This class will help you:
● Gain a solid foundation in how Ethernet functions and standards, IP, the TCP/IP stack, and other technologies are used in modern networks
● Prepare to use Cisco® IP Fabric for Media (IPFM) to deploy a flexible, scalable, and secure IP-based media
Who should enroll
This course is designed for broadcast engineers with no previous IP experience.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Identify the components of a computer network and describe their basic characteristics
● Describe network fundamentals, and explain a simple LAN
● Describe hardware and wiring that is used to build a network
● Describe the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model
● Explain the datalink layer characteristics, Ethernet protocol, and switch operation
● Introduce students to key network layer components, definitions, and standards
● Explain the purpose and functions of the transport layer
● Describe end-to-end packet delivery
● Describe routing
● Describe multicast networks, applications, and protocols
● Explain data center architecture in each layer and describe new leaf-spine topology approaches
● Explain virtualization and Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
● Course Introduction
● Ethernet Hardware
● Describing the OSI and TCP/IP Models
● Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
● Describing IPv4 Network Layer Addressing
● Understanding the TCP/IP Transport Layer
● Packet Delivery Process
● Describing Routing
● IP Multicast
● Describing Data Center Network Architectures
● Virtualization and Software-Defined Networking
● Configure VLANs and Trunks
● Configure Multilayer Switching and IP Addressing
● Configure Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
● Multicast on Cisco Nexus® Switches
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
● Basic computer literacy
● Basic PC operating system navigation skills
● Basic Internet usage skills
● Basic IP address knowledge
● Basic understanding of networking protocols
These Cisco courses are recommended to help you meet these prerequisites:
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) or Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices
Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!