Python programming for beginners (AD141)
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Python programming for beginners (AD141) Course Overview:
Python programming for beginners
Python, a versatile programming language, has gained widespread adoption among system administrators, data scientists, and developers. Its flexibility enables a range of applications, including web development, creating custom modules for Red Hat Ansible Automation, statistical analysis, and training AI/ML models. This course serves as an introductory guide to Python, covering fundamental concepts essential for mastering the language.
Participants will explore key topics such as control flow, loops, data structures, functions, file input/output (I/O), regular expressions, JSON parsing, and debugging. The course is based on Python 3 and designed to be compatible with RHEL 9.0, ensuring relevance and compatibility with current environments.
Through a combination of hands-on exercises and practical examples, participants will gain a solid foundation in Python programming. By actively engaging with the language, you’ll develop a strong understanding of Python’s syntax, features, and capabilities, empowering you to leverage it effectively in various contexts.
Enroll in this course and unlock the power of Python. Whether you’re a system administrator, data scientist, or developer, mastering Python will enhance your productivity, enable new opportunities, and broaden your skill set in today’s technology landscape.
Course content summary
- Basics of Python syntax, functions and data types
- How to debug Python scripts using the Python debugger (pdb)
- Use Python data structures like dictionaries, sets, tuples and lists to handle compound data
- Learn Object-oriented programming in Python and Exception Handling
- How to read and write files in Python and parse JSON data
- Use powerful regular expressions in Python to manipulate text
- How to effectively structure large Python programs using modules and namespaces
- How to use third-party libraries using the pip CLI tool.
Audience for this course
- System administrators and DevOps personnel who want to use Python to automate operating system tasks
- Developers from other programming languages who want to learn Python for writing applications
- AI/ML, data scientists, and engineers who want to use Python for data analysis and machine learning
- Technology considerations
- Internet access is required.
- A cloud-based RHEL workstation will be provided. Optionally, students can install Python on their own workstation and run lab exercises locally, however Red Hat will not troubleshoot local environment issues.
An Overview of Python 3
Introduction to Python and setting up the developer environment
Basic Python Syntax
Explore the basic syntax and semantics of Python
Understand the basic control flow features and operators
Write programs that manipulate compound data using lists, sets, tuples and dictionaries
Decompose your programs into composable functions
Organize your code using Modules for flexibility and reuse
Classes in Python
Explore Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with classes and objects
Handle runtime errors using Exceptions
Input and Output
Implement programs that read and write files
Use advanced data structures like generators and comprehensions to reduce boilerplate code
Use powerful regular expressions to manipulate textual data
Read and write JSON data
Debug Python programs using the Python debugger (pdb)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!