ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer Course Overview:
Welcome to our ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training course! We are excited to have you join us for this comprehensive program, specifically designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively lead and implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on the globally recognized ISO 27001 standard.
Throughout this course, you will embark on a transformative learning journey, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles of information security management. We will delve into the specific requirements and best practices outlined in the ISO 27001 standard, enabling you to effectively implement an ISMS within your organization.
Our experienced instructors will guide you through a range of critical topics, including conducting risk assessments, selecting appropriate controls, developing documentation, establishing mechanisms for performance monitoring, and ensuring continual improvement of the ISMS. Through interactive sessions, case studies, and practical exercises, you will gain the tools and knowledge needed to lead the implementation of an ISMS in line with ISO 27001.
By the end of this course, you will possess the skills, confidence, and expertise to effectively lead the implementation of an ISMS within your organization. You will understand how to assess risks, establish security controls, develop robust documentation, and establish a culture of information security. With ISO 27001 as your foundation, you will ensure the protection and security of sensitive information, strengthen your organization’s resilience to threats, and meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
Enroll in our ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training course and unlock your potential to lead the implementation of an effective Information Security Management System. Join us on this transformative journey towards securing sensitive information, enhancing organizational resilience, and ensuring the trust and confidence of stakeholders.
The course covers the following key areas:
- Introduction to ISO 27001: Participants will be introduced to the ISO 27001 standard and its importance in establishing an effective information security management system. They will learn about the benefits of ISO 27001 certification and its alignment with other standards and regulations.
- ISMS Planning and Implementation: This module focuses on the planning and implementation stages of the ISMS. Participants will understand how to define the scope of the ISMS, establish leadership commitment, conduct a risk assessment, and select appropriate controls.
- Documentation and Control Framework: Participants will learn about the documentation requirements of ISO 27001 and develop the necessary documentation, including the Information Security Policy, Statement of Applicability, and Risk Treatment Plan. They will also explore the control framework and learn how to implement controls effectively.
- Performance Evaluation and Monitoring: This module covers the importance of monitoring and measuring the performance of the ISMS. Participants will learn how to establish key performance indicators (KPIs), conduct internal audits, and perform management reviews to ensure the continuous improvement of the ISMS.
- ISMS Maintenance and Continual Improvement: Participants will understand the ongoing maintenance requirements of the ISMS and the importance of continual improvement. They will learn how to address non-conformities, manage incidents, and respond to changes in the information security landscape.
By the end of the training, participants will have the knowledge and skills required to lead the implementation of an ISMS based on the ISO 27001 standard. They will be prepared to take the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certification exam and demonstrate their proficiency in establishing and maintaining an effective information security management system.
The ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training is suitable for professionals involved in information security management, risk management, compliance, and IT governance. It is ideal for individuals who are responsible for implementing and managing an ISMS within their organizations, such as Information Security Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, and Consultants.
Module 1: Training course objectives and structure
- General information
- Learning objectives
- Educational approach
- Examination and certification
- About PECB
Module 2: Standards and regulatory frameworks
- What is ISO?
- The ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards
- Advantages of ISO/IEC 27001
Module 3: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Definition of a management system
- Management system standards
- Integrated management systems
- Definition of an ISMS
- Process approach
- Overview — Clauses 4 to 10
- Overview — Annex A
Module 4: Fundamental information security concepts and principles
- Information and asset
- Information security
- Availability, confidentiality, and integrity
- Vulnerability, threat, and impact
- Information security risk
- Classification of security controls
Module 5: Initiation of the ISMS implementation
- Define the approach to the ISMS implementation
- Proposed implementation approaches
- Application of the proposed implementation approaches
- Choose a methodological framework to manage the implementation of an ISMS
- Approach and methodology
- Alignment with best practices
Module 6: Understanding the organization and its context
- Mission, objectives, values, and strategies of the organization
- ISMS objectives
- Preliminary scope definition
- Internal and external environment
- Key processes and activities
- Interested parties
- Business requirements
Module 7: ISMS scope
- Boundary of the ISMS
- Organizational boundaries
- Information security boundaries
- Physical boundaries
- ISMS scope statement
Module 8: Leadership and project approval
- Business case
- Resource requirements
- ISMS project plan
- ISMS project team
- Management approval
Module 9: Organizational structure
- Organizational structure
- Information security coordinator
- Roles and responsibilities of interested parties
- Roles and responsibilities of key committees
Module 10: Analysis of the existing system
- Determine the current state
- Conduct the gap analysis
- Establish maturity targets
- Publish a gap analysis report
Module 11: Information security policy
- Types of policies
- Policy models
- Information security policy
- Specific security policies
- Management policy approval
- Publication and dissemination
- Training and awareness sessions
- Control, evaluation, and review
Module 12: Risk management
- ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk assessment approach
- Risk assessment methodology
- Risk identification
- Risk estimation
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Residual risk
Module 13: Statement of Applicability
- Drafting the Statement of Applicability
- Management approval
- Review and selection of the applicable information security controls
- Justification of selected controls
- Justification of excluded controls
Module 14: Documented information management
- Value and types of documented information
- Master list of documented information
- Creation of templates
- Documented information management process
- Implementation of a documented information management system
- Management of records
Module 15: Selection and design of controls
- Organization’s security architecture
- Preparation for the implementation of controls
- Design and description of controls
Module 16: Implementation of controls
- Implementation of security processes and controls
- Introduction of Annex A controls
Module 17: Trends and technologies
- Big data
- The three V’s of big data
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Cloud computing
- Outsourced operations
- The impact of new technologies in information security
Module 18: Communication
- Principles of an efficient communication strategy
- Information security communication process
- Establishing communication objectives
- Identifying interested parties
- Planning communication activities
- Performing a communication activity
- Evaluating communication
Module 19: Competence and awareness
- Competence and people development
- Difference between training, awareness, and communication
- Determine competence needs
- Plan the competence development activities
- Define the competence development program type and structure
- Training and awareness programs
- Provide the trainings
- Evaluate the outcome of trainings
Module 20: Security operations management
- Change management planning
- Management of operations
- Resource management
- ISO/IEC 27035-1 and ISO/IEC 27035-2
- ISO/IEC 27032
- Information security incident management policy
- Process and procedure for incident management
- Incident response team
- Incident management security controls
- Forensics process
- Records of information security incidents
- Measure and review of the incident management process
Module 21: Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation
- Determine measurement objectives
- Define what needs to be monitored and measured
- Establish ISMS performance indicators
- Report the results
Module 22: Internal audit
- What is an audit?
- Types of audits
- Create an internal audit program
- Designate a responsible person
- Establish independence, objectivity, and impartiality
- Plan audit activities
- Perform audit activities
- Follow up on nonconformities
Module 23: Management review
- Preparing a management review
- Conducting a management review
- Management review outputs
- Management review follow-up activities
Module 24: Treatment of nonconformities
- Root-cause analysis process
- Root-cause analysis tools
- Corrective action procedure
- Preventive action procedure
Module 25: Continual improvement
- Continual monitoring process
- Maintenance and improvement of the ISMS
- Continual update of the documented information
- Documentation of the improvements
Module 26: Preparing for the certification audit
- Selecting the certification body
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Stage 2 audit
- Follow-up audit
- Certification decision
Module 27: Closing of the training course
- PECB certification scheme
- PECB certification process
- Other PECB services
- Other PECB training courses and certifications
ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer Course Prerequisites:
It is recommended to have a good working knowledge of the following topics prior to taking the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer training:
• Information Security Management Principles, Standards, and Best Practices;
• Risk Management Practices;
• Information Security, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Management;
• Data Protection, Security and Privacy Laws; and
• Information Technology Infrastructure and Architecture.
Q: What is ISO 27001?
A: ISO 27001 is an international standard that provides a framework for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS). It sets out the requirements for managing and securing sensitive information within organizations.
Q: What is the purpose of the ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training?
A: The ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and implement an ISMS based on the ISO 27001 standard. It equips them with the expertise to establish effective information security controls and practices within their organizations.
Q: What are the prerequisites for attending this training?
A: There are no formal prerequisites for the ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training. However, a basic understanding of information security concepts and familiarity with ISO standards is beneficial. Prior experience in information security management or related roles will also be advantageous.
Q: Who should attend this training?
A: The ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Implementer training is suitable for professionals involved in information security management, risk management, compliance, and IT governance. It is ideal for individuals responsible for implementing and managing an ISMS within their organizations, such as Information Security Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, and Consultants.
Q: What topics are covered in the training?
A: The training covers a range of topics, including the principles and concepts of information security management, ISO 27001 requirements, risk assessment and management, controls selection and implementation, documentation development, performance evaluation, and continual improvement of the ISMS.
Q: Are course materials provided?
A: Yes, participants will receive comprehensive course materials, which may include slides, handouts, and reference materials. These resources will support learning during and after the training, serving as valuable references for implementing ISO 27001.
Q: Can this training be customized for specific organizational needs?
A: This training can be customized to address specific organizational needs. We can discuss customization options based on your requirements.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!