ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Course Overview:
The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course has been meticulously developed to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently assess and audit laboratories in alignment with the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. This comprehensive course places a strong emphasis on cultivating competence in planning, leading, and conducting assessments that adhere to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025. Throughout the training, participants will acquire a profound understanding of laboratory quality management systems, assessment techniques, and best practices for executing successful audits.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key principles and concepts of ISO/IEC 17025 and its application to laboratory assessments.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and its relevance to laboratory operations and quality management systems.
- Gain proficiency in planning, preparing, and conducting effective laboratory assessments in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.
- Apply audit techniques and methods to assess the compliance and effectiveness of laboratory processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the competency of laboratory personnel and the implementation of quality control measures.
- Report audit findings accurately and provide valuable recommendations for continual improvement.
- Understand the accreditation process and the role of the lead assessor in achieving and maintaining accreditation.
- Professionals seeking to perform and lead an accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Managers or consultants looking to master an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment
- Lab technicians responsible for maintaining conformance to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Tech experts seeking to prepare for a testing, sampling and/or calibration laboratory accreditation assessment
Module 1: Introduction to Laboratory Management Systems (LMS) and ISO/IEC 17025
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Accreditation process
- Fundamental concepts of ISO/IEC 17025
- Laboratory Management System (LMS)
Module 2: Principles, preparation and launching of an assessment
- Assessment concepts and principles
- Assessment approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the assessment
- Stage 1 assessment
- Preparing the stage 2 assessment (on-site assessment)
Module 3: On-site assessment activities
- Stage 2 assessment
- Communication during the assessment
- Assessment procedures
- Creating test plans
- Drafting assessment findings and nonconformity reports
Module 4: Closing the assessment
- Assessment documentation and quality assurance
- Closing the assessment
- Evaluation of action plans by the assessor
- Following the initial assessment
- Managing an internal audit programme
- Competence and evaluation of assessors
- Closing the training
ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Course Prerequisites:
To attend the ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course, participants should have a good understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard and its requirements. Prior experience in laboratory operations or quality management systems is recommended.
Q: Who should attend the ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course?
A: The course is designed for individuals involved in assessing and auditing laboratories against the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. It is suitable for professionals working in accreditation bodies, certification bodies, regulatory agencies, and those responsible for evaluating laboratory competence and quality management systems.
Q: What is the prerequisite for attending the ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course?
A: Participants should have a good understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard and its requirements before attending the course. Prior experience in laboratory operations or quality management systems is recommended.
Q: What will I learn in this course?
A: The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course will provide you with comprehensive knowledge and skills to effectively assess and audit laboratories against the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. You will learn about the key principles and concepts of ISO/IEC 17025, how to plan and conduct assessments, apply audit techniques, evaluate competency and quality control, and report findings and recommendations.
Q: How is the course delivered?
A: The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course is typically delivered through a combination of interactive lectures, group discussions, practical exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Real-world examples and scenarios are used to facilitate practical learning and application of assessment techniques.
Q: Can I become a lead assessor after completing this course?
A: The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course equips you with the necessary knowledge and skills to conduct laboratory assessments as a lead assessor. However, becoming a lead assessor may also require additional experience and accreditation from relevant bodies or organizations.
Q: Can I apply the knowledge gained in this course to assess laboratories for accreditation?
A: Absolutely! The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course is specifically designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to assess laboratories against the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. You will learn assessment techniques, best practices, and how to evaluate the compliance and effectiveness of laboratory quality management systems.
Q: Are there any additional requirements for becoming a lead assessor?
A: Apart from completing the ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor course, becoming a lead assessor may require additional experience in assessing laboratories, accreditation from relevant bodies, and adherence to specific criteria set by accrediting organizations or certification bodies.
Q: Can this training be customized for specific organizational needs?
A: This training can be customized to address specific organizational needs. We can discuss customization options based on your requirements.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!