Migrating to AWS
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Migrating to AWS Course Overview:
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to effectively plan and migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. You will learn about various cloud migration strategies and how to apply each step of the migration process, including:
- Portfolio discovery: Understanding your current IT environment and identifying the workloads that are suitable for migration to AWS.
- Application migration planning and design: Developing a migration plan that takes into account your specific requirements and goals.
- Conducting a migration: Executing the migration plan and ensuring that your workloads are successfully migrated to AWS.
- Post-migration validation and application optimization: Validating that your workloads are performing as expected and optimizing them for performance and scalability.
The course includes hands-on labs that will give you the opportunity to apply what you have learned. Each lab is designed to provide you with the understanding and foundation necessary to complete migration tasks in your organization.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of cloud migration.
- Develop a migration plan for your organization.
- Migrate workloads to AWS.
- Validate and optimize migrated workloads.
This course is ideal for IT professionals who are responsible for migrating workloads to AWS. It is also a valuable resource for anyone who wants to learn more about cloud migration.
Benefits of Attending This Course
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to effectively plan and migrate workloads to AWS.
- Learn how to use AWS services to migrate your workloads.
- Participate in hands-on labs that will give you the chance to apply what you have learned.
- Network with other IT professionals who are interested in cloud migration.
Course level : Intermediate
This course is intended for:
- Solutions architects
- Software engineers
- IT project managers
- Operation leads
- Other individuals involved in the planning and running of migration projects
Module 1: What Is a Cloud Migration?
- Drivers and outcomes of a cloud migration
- Planning for a successful cloud migration
- The three-phase migration process
Module 2: Assessing Migration Readiness
- The assess phase
- Cloud readiness assessment tools
- Examine your IT landscape and build your business case
- Group Exercise: The Cloud Adoption Tool (CART)
Module 3: Preparing for a Migration and Understanding Related Workstreams
- Mobilize phase
- Migration-related workstreams
Module 4: Discovering Landing Zones and Their Benefits
- What is a landing zone?
- Custom multi-account structure with AWS Organizations
- AWS Control Tower
- Customizations for AWS Control Tower (CfCt)
- Planning for connectivity
Module 5: Building a Landing Zone
- Planning a landing zone
- Design a multi-account structure
- Governance polices
- Planning for connectivity
- Demonstration: AWS Control Tower
- Hands-On Lab: Connecting Your On-Premises Network and Directory Services to AWS
Module 6: Discovering the Portfolio and Understanding Migration Strategies
- Detailed portfolio discovery workstream
- Evaluating cloud readiness
- Cloud migration strategies
- Group Exercise: Choose a migration strategy (scenario-based)
Module 7: Understanding and Choosing Portfolio Discovery Tools
- Migration Evaluator
- AWS Migration Hub and AWS Application Discovery Service
- AWS Systems Manager and Amazon CloudWatch
- Hands-On Lab: Gathering Application Data Necessary for Migration
Module 8: Planning and Designing a Migration
- Plan the migration overall
- Building the migration factory
- Design the migration for each application
- Group Exercise: Build a migration plan
- Group Exercise: Design for migration
Module 9: Performing the Migration to AWS
- Server migration process
- Server migration tools
- VMware Cloud on AWS
- AWS Migration Hub
- AWS Application Migration Service (AWS MGN)
- Evaluating server migration tools
- Hands-On Lab: Migrating an Application to AWS
Module 10: Understanding Database and Data Migration Services
- Data migration
- Online data migration services
- Offline data migration services
- Database migration
- Hands-On Lab: Migrating an Existing Database to Amazon Aurora
Module 11: Understanding Additional Migration Support Options
- AWS Managed Services
- AWS Service Catalog
- AWS Service Catalog integrations
- Microsoft workloads on AWS
- SAP on AWS
Module 12: Integrating, Validating, and Cutting Over Applications
- Migrate and modernize phase
- Cutover strategy
Module 13: Modernizing and Optimizing Applications
- Cost optimization
- Performance optimization
- AWS tools used to optimize
- Modernize the enterprise
- Use containers
- Use serverless architectures
- Hands-On Lab: Optimizing an Application with Amazon S3 and Amazon ECS
Module 14: Understanding Operations Tools, Integration Testing, and Automation
- AWS Config
- Infrastructure and operations as code
- Adopting a DevOps approach
- Automate change and configuration
- Automate management
Module 15: Migration Best Practices
- Course review
- Best practices
- Continue your learning
- Hands-On Lab: Automating Application Deployments
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Achieved their AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification (optional)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!