MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3 Course Overview:
The MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3 certification signifies an advanced mastery of optimizing the performance and efficiency of MySQL databases, a widely utilized open-source relational database management system. This certification is rooted in the ability to interpret performance-relevant system metrics, fine-tune server configurations for optimal performance, and implement effective indexing strategies. Industries extensively relying on MySQL, such as IT, eCommerce, and data analytics, consider this certification as a credible measure of proficiency. It validates that certified professionals can significantly enhance organizational operational efficiency by upholding high-performance databases, a critical asset for managing data-intensive applications. As a result, it plays a pivotal role in establishing best practices for maintaining robust, scalable, and efficient data management systems.
- Database administrators
- Application developers
- System architects
- IT professionals seeking to optimize MySQL databases
- IT project managers overseeing database-related tasks
- IT students specializing in MySQL performance
- Professionals aiming to enhance application efficiency
- IT consultants engaged in MySQL performance tuning projects
Learning Objectives of MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3:
The MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3 course aims to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the intricate workings of MySQL databases.
- Acquire proficiency in utilizing diagnostic tools to analyze database performance.
- Identify and address factors that impact database performance.
- Optimize query performance for enhanced efficiency.
- Implement server settings to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Equip learners with skills to handle complex requirements and unexpected issues in MySQL database administration.
- Gain expertise in ensuring data integrity, scalability, and security within MySQL databases.
- Enhance overall MySQL performance through effective tuning strategies.
By fulfilling these objectives, participants will acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills to enhance the real-world application of MySQL databases, enabling them to effectively manage, optimize, and improve the performance of MySQL database systems.
- Course Introduction
- MySQL Overview
- MySQL Products and Tools
- MySQL Web Resources
- MySQL Courses and Certification
- MySQL Services and Support
Performance Tuning Concepts
- Introduction to Performance Tuning
- Performance Tuning Terminology
- Deploying and Maintaining MySQL
Performance Tuning Tools
- MySQL Monitoring Tools
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor
- MySQL Utilities
- Community Monitoring Tools
- Linux Tools
- Benchmarking Tools
Memory, Connections, and Threads
- Major Components of the MySQL Server
- Tuning the MySQL server
- Thread Reuse
Tables, Files, and Logs
- Table Caching
- Files and File Descriptors
- Binary Logs
InnoDB Storage Engine
- List the key benefits of the InnoDB storage engine
- Describe how InnoDB uses log files and buffers
- Explain the SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS output
- Use InnoDB monitors
- Access key InnoDB metrics in Information Schema
- Tune InnoDB settings for best performance
- MySQL Query Processing
- Understanding the Query Plan
- Using EXPLAIN
- Improving Query Performance
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Query Analyzer
Troubleshooting Performance Issues
- Key Steps in Troubleshooting
- Establishing the Nature of the Problem
- Troubleshooting Locks
- Troubleshooting Locks with Information Schema
- Identifying Slow Queries
- Troubleshooting Specific Queries
Optimizing MySQL for Your Application Environment
- Improving Connector Performance
- Improving InnoDB Performance with the Memcached NoSQL API
- Backup Performance
- Improving Database Performance with Replication
- Improving Application Performance with MySQL Cluster
- Hardware Limitations in MySQL
- Storage Devices
- MySQL and Virtualization
- Database-Driven Website Reference Architectures
- Course Overview
- Training and Certification Website
- Course Evaluation
- Thank You!
- Q&A Session
MySQL Performance Tuning Ed 3 Course Prerequisites:
• Basic MySQL knowledge
• Familiarity with relational databases
• Understanding of SQL and MySQL coding
• Prior experience with MySQL database administration
• Knowledge of Linux Operating System
• Familiarity with the use of MySQL tools such as MySQL Workbench
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!