Netbackup 7.7 Administration
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Netbackup 7.7 Administration Course Overview:
The NetBackup 7.7 Administration Training course is a 5-day program that provides comprehensive insights into using NetBackup, a multi-platform backup software for business-critical data. Administrators will learn how to plan, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a NetBackup environment.
Throughout the course, participants will gain practical knowledge in backing up and restoring data, performing manual and user-directed backups, and utilizing the system management interface for core functions such as backup, storage, and restore operations. Expert instructors will guide attendees in basic troubleshooting techniques for failed jobs.
Hands-on labs will help participants address the challenges of performing backups in complex enterprise computing environments. By the end of the training, administrators will be equipped with the skills to effectively manage NetBackup, ensuring data protection and efficient recovery.
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NetBackup options and agents.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Monitor NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform basic troubleshooting and information gathering steps related to failing jobs.
- Configure and manage AdvancedDisk storage units and disk pools.
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprise computing environments.
- Describe the functions of the master server, media servers, and clients.
- Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage basic disk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a robot inventory.
- Introduction to data protection
- The NetBackup environment
- NetBackup concepts
- Using the NetBackup Administration Console
- NetBackup appliance overview
- Using NetBackup OpsCenter
- Configuring NetBackup Storage
NetBackup storage device concepts
- Configuring NetBackup basic disk storage
- Verifying basic disk storage
- Configuring Policies and Schedules
Introduction to backup policies
- Creating and configuring policy attributes
- Creating a policy schedule
- Adding client to a policy
- Creating backup selections
- Managing existing policies
- Performing File System Backups
Using and customizing the NetBackup Activity Monitor
- Performing manual backup operations
- Performing user-directed backups
- Backup job-related tips
- Performing File System Restores
Introduction to restores
- Performing restore operations using the BAR interface
- Performing restore operations using OpsCenter Operational Restore
- Restore job-related tips
- Configuring Disk Pools
Understanding disk pools and AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage
- Configuring Media Server Deduplication
Introduction to NetBackup deduplication
- Configuring NetBackup media server deduplication
- Configuring client-side deduplication
- Managing NetBackup deduplication
- Configuring Tape Storage
Understanding Media Manager storage units
- Configuring tape devices
- Verifying tape storage
- NetBackup media concepts
- Configuring media
- Managing Tape Storage
Managing robots and tape drives
- Monitoring media and media states
- Managing tapes
- Media and device related tips
- Protecting Virtual Machines
Introduction to virtual machine backups
- Configuring VMware backups
- Performing and Monitoring VM Backups
- NetBackup support for other virtualization solutions
- Recovering Virtual Machines
Managing VMware restores
- Using VMware Instant Recovery
- Using the NetBackup vSphere Web Client Plug-in
- Duplicating Backups
Backup duplication concepts
- Storage lifecycle policy concepts
- Using storage lifecycle policies
- Configuring optimized duplication
- Additional Storage Lifecycle Policy features and benefits
- Managing and Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
Introduction to NetBackup catalogs
- Managing images
- Configuring a catalog backup policy
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Optimizing File System Backups
File system backup challenges
- Configuring for True Image Restores
- Using synthetic backups
- Optimizing file system incremental backups with change logs
- Using NetBackup Accelerator
- Using multiple data streams
- Optimizing tape drive performance using multiplexing
- Handling busy files on UNIX and Windows file systems
Collecting Logs and Diagnostic Information
- Support resources
- NetBackup processes, services, and daemons
- Introduction to Logging Assistant
- NetBackup and Media Manager logging overview
- Using the support utilities
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems.
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!