ONTAP SAN Implementation
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
ONTAP SAN Implementation Course Overview:
The ONTAP SAN Implementation certification validates expertise in implementing storage area network (SAN) solutions using the ONTAP operating system. This certification focuses on aspects such as SAN connectivity, protocols, configuration, and performance management. It serves as a professional credential for IT experts, showcasing their ability to seamlessly integrate ONTAP SAN solutions into organizational infrastructure. Many industries use this certification to assess and hire qualified IT personnel capable of efficiently managing and optimizing storage systems. It contributes to enhanced storage efficiency, ultimately boosting business productivity by ensuring secure and swift access to critical data when needed.
- IT professionals specializing in storage area network (SAN) solutions
- System administrators responsible for implementing SAN configurations
- Data center engineers handling storage infrastructure
- Network administrators seeking expertise in ONTAP SAN integration
- IT technicians focused on optimizing storage performance
- Individuals preparing for the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – SAN Specialist, ONTAP certification exam
- Storage architects designing SAN solutions
Learning Objectives of ONTAP SAN Implementation:
The ONTAP SAN Implementation course is designed to equip participants with the skills necessary to administer, implement, and troubleshoot ONTAP SAN, IP SAN, and integrated solutions. The learning objectives of the course include:
- Understanding the architecture and functionality of ONTAP SAN solutions.
- Managing ONTAP SAN from multiple interfaces, including the command-line interface (CLI) and Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Troubleshooting common SAN problems.
- Implementing backup and recovery options.
The course also provides real-world scenarios for practical application of the knowledge gained.
Module 1: ONTAP SAN Fundamentals
- Implementation of iSCSI, FCP, and FCoE SAN in ONTAP
- SAN Architecture
- Interoperability Matrix Tool (IMT)
- SAN Scalability and Maximums
Module 2: ONTAP SAN Resource Provisioning
- IP SAN Configurations
- FC SAN Configurations
- LUN Provisioning
Module 3: ONTAP iSCSI Configuration Concepts
- iSCSI Configuration Recommendations
- iSCSI Feature Overview
- iSCSI Configuration Workflow
Module 4: ONTAP FC Configuration Concepts
- FC Configuration Recommendations
- FC and FCoE Zoning
- Cisco Switches
- Brocade Switches
Module 5: High-Performance and Scalable Network Storage Using NVMe over Fabrics
- NVMe Integration into ONTAP
Module 6: Host Integration
- Host Considerations
- Windows Hosts
- Linux and UNIX Hosts
- LUN Offset
Module 7: Windows IP SAN Connectivity
- Configuring a Windows Host for iSCSI
- iSCSI Configuration
Module 8: Linux IP SAN Connectivity
- Linux iSCSI Configuration
- Linux iSCSI Implementation
Module 9: Windows FC SAN Connectivity
- Configure a Windows Host for FC
- Identify the WWNN and WWPN on a Windows Host
- Implement and Verify Multipath FC Connectivity between a Windows Host and ONTAP Software
Module 10: Linux FC SAN Connectivity
- Configure a Linux Host for FC
- Identify WWPNs on a Linux Host
- Implement and Verify Multipath FC Connectivity between a Linux Host and ONTAP Software
ONTAP SAN Implementation Course Prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of storage networking technologies
- Knowledge of the ONTAP operating system
- Experience in implementing SAN solutions
- Familiarity with networking and administration of Linux or Windows servers
- Previous certification in NetApp Data Administrator ONTAP or equivalent experience
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!