Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2 Course Overview:
The course focuses on Oracle 11g cluster environment setup, configuration, and maintenance. It covers installation and configuration of Grid Infrastructure, Oracle Clusterware, and Automatic Storage Management in a Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment. Students will learn to enhance performance in existing Oracle clusters, manage and troubleshoot Oracle RAC environments, and gain hands-on experience in configuring, administering, and monitoring Oracle RAC clusters and the Oracle Grid Infrastructure. Additionally, the course addresses challenges related to deploying Oracle RAC in large-scale cluster environments. By course completion, students should be equipped with practical skills to effectively manage Oracle RAC and Grid Infrastructure environments.
- Database Professionals, including:
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Data Architects
- System Administrators
- System Architects
- Professionals responsible for configuring and managing Oracle RAC and Grid Infrastructure environments
- Those seeking to enhance their skills in installing, configuring, and managing Oracle RAC and Grid Infrastructure
- Individuals with at least one year of practical experience in Oracle Database 11g and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Participants with prior exposure to RAC technology, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- Professionals with basic system administration skills, including storage management, configuration, user/group account setup, backup management, and security configuration
- Those with understanding of Oracle network architecture and terminology
- Individuals knowledgeable in ASM (Automatic Storage Management) and cluster command language.
Learning Objectives of Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2:
1. Recognize and use the Oracle Grid Infrastructure components.
2. Use Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and ASM Cluster File System (ACFS).
3. Configure physical and logical structure of the cluster.
4. Install and configure Oracle Clusterware.
5. Set up and manage primary and stand-by databases.
6. Manage the Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR) and voting disk.
7. Utilize the Oracle Clusterware and RAC network architecture.
8. Use the various RAC DBA tools, Enterprise Manager and SQL*Plus commands.
9. Monitor and maintain a RAC environment.
10.Configure and manage global services, services, and profiles.
11.Create and use services to manage RAC databases.
12.Implement node applications using application VIPs.
13.Understand the use of Application Clusters and Fast Application Notification (FAN).
Module 1: Grid Infrastructure Concepts
- What is a Cluster
- Grid Foundation Components
- Oracle Clusterware Architecture
- Oracle Clusterware Software and Storage
- Describe ASM Architecture
- Creating and Managing ASM Disk Groups
- Creating and Managing ASM Cluster Filesystems
- Job Role Separation
Module 2: Grid Infrastructure Installation and Configuration
- Hardware Requirements
- Network Requirements
- DNS and DHCP Configuration
- Grid Plug and Play Considerations
- Single Client Access Names
- Post installation tasks
Module 3: Administering Oracle Clusterware
- Managing Clusterware with Enterprise Manager
- Determining the Location of the Oracle Clusterware Configuration Files
- Backing Up and Recovering the Voting Disk
- Adding, Deleting, or Migrating Voting Disks
- Locating the OCR Automatic Backups
- Oracle Local Registry
- Migrating OCR Locations to ASM
- Managing Network Settings
Module 4: Managing Oracle Clusterware
- Prerequisite Steps for Extending a Cluster
- Using addNode.sh to Add a Node to a Cluster
- Rolling Patches, And Rolling Upgrades
- Comparing Software Versions With the Active Version
- Installing A Patchset With the OUI Utility
- Installing A Patch With The opatch Utility
Module 5: Oracle Clusterware High Availability
- Oracle Clusterware high availability components
- Contrasting policy-managed and administration managed databases
- Server pool functionality
- The Generic and Free Server Pools
- Application placement policies
- Application Virtual IPs
- Managing application resources
- High availability events
Module 6: Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
- Oracle Clusterware Log Files
- Gathering Log Files Using diagcollection.pl
- Resource Debugging
- Component-level Debugging
- Tracing For Java-based Tools
- Troubleshooting the Oracle Cluster Registry
Module 7: Administering ASM Instances
- ASM Initialization Parameters
- Adjusting ASM Instance Parameters in SPFILEs
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Using srvctl
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Using ASMCA and ASMCMD
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Containing Cluster Files
- Starting and Stopping the ASM Listener
Module 8: Administering ASM Disk Groups
- Creating And Deleting ASM Disk Groups
- ASM Disk Group Attributes
- ASM Disk Group Maintenance Tasks
- Preferred Read Failure Groups
- Viewing ASM Disk Statistics
- Performance And Scalability Considerations For ASM Disk Groups
Module 9: ASM Files, Directories, and Templates
- Using Different Client Tools to Access ASM Files
- Fully Qualified ASM File Name Format
- Creating and Managing ASM files, Directories and Aliases
- Managing Disk Group Templates
- Managing ASM ACL With Command Line Utilities
- Managing ASM ACL with Enterprise Manager
Module 10: Administering ASM Cluster File Systems
- ASM Dynamic Volume Manager
- Managing ASM Volumes
- Implementing ASM Cluster File System
- Managing ASM Cluster File System (ACFS)
- ACFS Snapshots
- Using Command Line Tools To Manage ACFS
Module 11: Real Application Clusters Database Installation
- Installing The Oracle Database Software
- Creating A Cluster Database
- Post–database Creation Tasks
- Single-Instance Conversion Using the DBCA
- Single-Instance Conversion Using rconfig
- Background Processes Specific to Oracle RAC
Module 12: Oracle RAC Administration
- Enterprise Manager Cluster Database Pages
- Redo Log Files In A RAC Environment
- Undo Tablespaces In A RAC Environment
- Starting And Stopping RAC Databases And Instances
- Initialization Parameters In A RAC Environmen
- Transparent Data Encryption and Wallets in RAC
- Quiescing RAC Databases
Module 13: Managing Backup and Recovery for RAC
- Protecting Against Media Failure
- Parallel Recovery in RAC
- Archived Log File Configurations
- RAC Backup and Recovery Using EM
- Archived Redo File Conventions in RAC
- Channel Connections to Cluster Instances
- Distribution of Backups
Module 14: Monitoring and Tuning the RAC Database
- Determining RAC-Specific Tuning Components
- Tuning Instance Recovery in RAC
- RAC-Specific Wait Events, Global Enqueues, and System Statistics
- Implementing the Most Common RAC Tuning Tips
- Using the Cluster Database Performance Pages
- Using the Automatic Workload Repository in RAC
- Using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor in RAC
Module 15: Services
- Configure and Manage Services in a RAC environment
- Using Services with Client Applications
- Using Services with the Database Resource Manager
- Use Services with the Scheduler
- Configuring Services Aggregation and Tracing
- Managing Services From the Command Line
- Managing Services With Enterprise Manager
Module 16: Design for High Availability
- Designing a Maximum Availability Architecture
- Determine the Best RAC and Data Guard Topologies
- Data Guard Broker Configuration files in a RAC Environment
- Identifying Successful Disk I/O strategies
Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2 Course Prerequisites:
There are no course prerequisites for Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2 Training. This course is appropriate for anyone with a solid understanding of Oracle databases and the ability to understand and execute complex commands.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!