Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials Course Overview:
The “Oracle Access Manager 11g R2 Administration Essentials” course is designed for IT professionals and administrators working with Oracle Access Manager. The course covers installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Access Manager 11g R2. Topics include Architecture, Policy Services, Secure Remote Authentication, Role-Based Access Control, Web Services, Identity Repository Integration, and Advanced Single Sign-On. Hands-on exercises and labs are included. This course is ideal for Access Manager administrators, system architects, end users, and application architects aiming to secure enterprise resources using Access Manager 11g R2.
- System Architects
- Integration Engineers
Learning Objectives of Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials:
This Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials Training course provides the knowledge to configuration, maintain and monitor Oracle Access Manager 11g R2. The objective of this training is to provide:
1. A deep understanding of the components, architecture, deployment & licensing associated with Oracle Access Manager 11g R2.
2. The skills to plan, deploy and configure OAM 11g R2 for WebGate, Linux or Windows.
3. Knowledge on how to configure Authentication Modules and Authorization policies.
4. Ability to understand and use the OAM API and customize user interface.
5. Knowledge on how to configure OAM Access Manager console, OAM Server and how to install OAM Webgrate.
6. Understanding of configuring user identity stores, access control polices and identity propagation.
7. Skills to error diagnosis, perform tuning and troubleshoot any issue with OAM.
8. Knowledge on how to effectively monitor and manage OAM using BAM, OAM Server and Logs.
Module 1: Overview of Access Manager
- Explain the salient features of Oracle Access Manager
- Explain the key products that comprise the Oracle Access Management Suite
- Explain the functional areas for each of the Oracle Access Management products
- Explain Oracle Access Manager overall architecture
- Explain Oracle Access Manager run-time architecture
- Identify key Oracle Access Manager 11g R2 PS3 new features
- OIF enhancements to the OAM admin console to support SP functionality
- SAML attributes can be configured for OAM policy , SAML attribute can be used by OAAM risk analysis
Module 2: Installation and Configuration
- Explain key definitions and terminologies
- Describe the prerequisites for installing Oracle Access Manager
- Install Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS)
- Configure seeded database schemas by using the Repository Creation Utility
- Install and configure Oracle Access Manager
- Perform post-installation validation checks
- Perform an uninstallation
Module 3: System Configuration: Servers, Datasources and Agents
- Manage Servers using OAM Administration Console and Oracle Web Logic Server Admin Console
- Manage data sources – User Identity Store
- Installing and Configuring Agents
- Registering Agents – OAM Admin Console, In-Band, Out-of-Band Understanding WLS Agents
- Manage agents using OAM Admin Console
- Extends 11g Webgate with an option to enable Credential Collection capability (Authentication Gate)
- Separating from server operations, External (Distributed) Credential Collector (Collect in DMZ)
Module 4: Policy Configuration: Shared Components and Application Domains
- Explain Access Control – Authentication and Authorization
- Detached Credential Collector
- Authentication Modules and SchemesUnderstanding Policy Objects and Policy Model
- Understanding Policy Objects and Policy Model
- Two-factor/Multi-factor authentication
- Resource matching and Excluded resources
- Complex LDAP AuthZ and Response Filters, Authorization expressions
- LDAP search Filter support
Module 5: SSO and Session Management
- OAM single sign-on and single logout
- Sessions life cycle, caching and cookies
- Configuring single sign-on and single logout
- Customizing the ECC login and logout pages
- Customizing user defined error msgs
- Implementations of custom login pages for DCC
- Errors codes, information and password policy validation errors
Module 6: Using Oracle Access Manager With WebLogic Applications
- Protecting WLS applications with OAM
- Identity assertion providers
- OAM authenticator
Module 7: Auditing and Logging
- Fusion Middleware audit framework
- Audit output options
- Configure audit settings
- Audited events and recorded data
- Generating audit reports
- Configuring logging settings
- Locating and examining logging output
- Locating log files from other servers
Module 8: Troubleshooting and Management
- Work with Access Tester
- Identifying connectivity issues between agents and servers (impact of load balancers and firewalls)
- Understand OAM specific WLST commands
- Work with Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control
- Explain EM FMW Control integration
- Server processes and charts
- Topology viewer
- Farm and domain
Module 9: Securing Communication between WebGate and OAM Server
- Setting up communication in Simple transport mode
- Outline of Steps to setup Cert mode communication
Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials Course Prerequisites:
The prerequisites for Oracle Access Manager 11g R2: Administration Essentials Training are:
• Understanding of identity management concepts
• Working knowledge of web technologies, software development, scripting languages, and network architectures
• Working knowledge of the Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Understanding of the Oracle Access Manager features and architecture
• Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
• Knowledge of web server installation and configuration
• Ability to navigate the Oracle Access Manager consoles
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!