Oracle Application Express Workshop II Ed 2
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Oracle Application Express Workshop II Ed 2 Course Overview:
The Oracle Application Express Workshop II Ed 2 course is an advanced training that builds upon the knowledge from Workshop I. It covers topics such as using collections, dynamic actions, plug-ins, and working with RESTful Web Services. The course objectives include spreading applications using collections, implementing dynamic actions, customizing plug-ins, creating and consuming RESTful Web Services, making applications accessible, modifying themes, and creating a main application and corporate theme. Additionally, the course covers integrating jQueryUI ThemeRoller themes into mobile applications, ensuring application security, organization, and maintenance, and enhancing application performance.
- Participants who completed Oracle Application Express Workshop I course.
- Developers and IT professionals.
- Individuals interested in using collections, dynamic actions, plug-ins, and RESTful Web Services in Oracle Application Express.
- Those interested in spreading applications using collections, dynamic application, and plug-ins.
- Participants wanting to learn about making and practicing RESTful Web Services.
- Developers interested in making applications accessible and modifying themes and templates.
- IT professionals involved in creating main applications and corporate themes.
- Individuals looking to integrate jQueryUI ThemeRoller themes into mobile applications.
- Participants focused on securing, organizing, and maintaining applications.
- Developers and IT professionals aiming to enhance Oracle Application Express application performance.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Application Express Workshop II Ed 2:
Oracle Express Workshop II aims to facilitate application development and improve understanding of confirming the availability of APEX applications. It provides guidance on selecting the appropriate theme based on the desired application type (desktop, mobile, or responsive) and demonstrates how to modify templates for customization.
Module 1: Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Lesson Schedule
- Course Environment: Products Installed
- Course Environment: Workspace Details
- Accessing the Labs Directory
- Introducing Course Persona
Module 2: Introducing Course Persona
- Quick Review of What You Already Know
- Securing Database Applications
- What is a Packaged Application?
- Components of Team Development
- Workspace Administration
- Other Components
- Packaged Application Used in this course
- Additional Resources
Module 3: Using Collections
- What is a Collection?
- Create a collection on an interactive report
Module 4: Extending Your Application: Dynamic Actions
- Adding Dynamic Actions
Module 5: Extending Your Application: Plug-ins
- Authentication/Authorization Plug-in Capability
- Using and Customizing the CSS Bar Chart Plug-In
Module 6: Incorporating Interactivity in Your Application
- Scrolling Region
- Add buttons with conditions in the report page to display report based on the conditions
- Add a procedure in AJAX to refresh a page region periodically
- Configuring Oracle Application Express to send email
Module 7: Generating and Using Table APIs
- What is a Table API?
- Generate a Table API
- Modify the Table API
- Add a Form to an Application that shows how to add the process that will insert or update the database using the Table API
Module 8: Creating and Using RESTful Web Services
- What is a RESTful Web Service?
- Components of a RESTful Web Service
- An Example: RESTful Web Service
- Creating a new RESTful Web Service
- Consuming a RESTful Web Service in an APEX Application
Module 9: Using Themes and Templates
- Application Types: Desktop, Mobile, Responsive – Explain what they are and what criteria determines which application to creat
- Theme Overview: Which ones are for which type of Application
- Review the layout of a Page template
- Include using CSS to customize the template
- Using Substitution Strings in Templates
- Utilize new page attributes – files/inline styles
- Create and modify a theme
Module 10: Developing a New Theme for Your Application Using ThemeRoller
- What is ThemeRoller?
- Create a theme using the ThemeRoller
Module 11: Securing Your Application
- What Is a Directory?
- Oracle Internet Directory
- Technical Architecture: Overview
- Authenticating Users by Using LDAP
- SQL Injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Browser Security
- Application Level Security
Module 12: Deploying and Maintaining Your Application
- Application Components
- Things to consider
Module 13: Optimizing Your APEX Application
- Application Performance Considerations
- Managing Services
- Monitoring Activity
- Database Configuration Considerations
- Monitoring Application Performance
Module 14: Globalization and Translation
- Understanding Application Translation and Globalization Support
- Specifying the Primary Language for an ApplicationLoading a New Language
- Translating an Application
- Translating the Data the Application Uses
- Switching Languages
Oracle Application Express Workshop II Ed 2 Course Prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and HTML.
- Oracle Application Express Workshop I Ed 2.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!