Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning Course Overview:
The Oracle Database 12c Implement Partitioning course offers a comprehensive introduction to the database partitioning feature. Participants will explore various topics, including database partitioning concepts and architecture, utilizing hash and range partitioning to enhance database performance, partition pruning, and leveraging partitioning for parallelism. Additionally, the course covers the use of list partitioning for logical data organization.
Students will gain practical skills in creating and managing partitions, as well as using the database partitioning advisor to generate partitioning recommendations. Through hands-on activities in a practice environment, participants will apply their knowledge and refine their partitioning implementation abilities. Upon completing the course, students will be proficient in effectively implementing and maintaining partitioning in their database to optimize performance.
- Database Administrators
- Database Developers
- Database Architects
- IT Professionals involved in managing Oracle Database 12c
- Individuals seeking to enhance their skills in implementing and maintaining database partitioning for performance optimization.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning:
1. Understand the basic concepts of Oracle Database 12c Partitioning and its features.
2. Learn about different types of partitioning (e.g. Range Partitioning,Hash Partitioning, List Partitioning, Composite Partitioning, etc.)
3. Grasp the fundamental topics related to partition maintenance (e.g. Adding, Dropping and Spliting Partitions).
4. Familiarize yourself with Interval, System Managed, Virtual, & Partition Exchange Partitioning.
5. Analyze different strategies to improve the query performance with Oracle Database Partitioning.
6. Explore the use of Global & Local Index Partitioning.
7. Be able to create and manage multiple related tables with Partitioned Index-Organized tables.
8. Acquire knowledge on creation & maintenance of Global Temporary Tables (GTTs) with Oracle Database Partitioning.
9. ExecutePartition-wise joins and set operations with Oracle Database Partitioning.
10. Gain the practical experience in applying the Partitioning techniques in developing applications.
Module 1: Partitioning Concepts
- VLDB Manageability and Performance Constraints
- Manual Partitions Versus Partitioning
- Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Table Versus Index Partitioning
- Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioning Strategies: Single-Level Partitioning
- Partitioning Strategies: Composite Partitioning
- Oracle Partitioning History
Module 2: Implementing Partitioned Tables
- Table, Partition, and Segment Relations
- Creating Partitions with Enterprise Manager
- CREATE TABLE Statement with Partitioning
- Logical and Physical Attributes
- Partition Strategy Declaration: Single-Level Partitioning
- Specifying Partition Attributes
- Range Partitioning
- Interval Partitioning
Module 3: Implementing Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioned Index Attributes: Global or Local
- Partitioned Index Attributes: Prefixed or Nonprefixed
- Global Indexes
- Local Prefixed Indexes
- Local Nonprefixed Index
- Index Partitioning and Type Matrix
- Specifying an Index with Table Creation
Module 4: Maintenance of Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Maintenance: Overview
- Table and Index Interaction During Partition Maintenance
- Modifying the Logical Properties of Tables and Indexes
- Modifying Partition Properties on the Table
- Using the ALTER TABLE and ALTER INDEX Commands
- Renaming a Partition
- Partition Storage Changes
- Moving a Partition
Module 5: Partitioning Administration and Usage
- Using Partitioned Tables
- Pruning Rules
- Static and Dynamic Pruning
- Pruning Tips
- Static Partition Pruning and Star Query
- Dynamic Partition Pruning and Star Query
- Collecting Statistics for Partitioned Objects
- ANALYZE and Partitioned Objects
Module 6: Partitioning and Workload Types
- Partitioning in Data Warehouses
- Using Materialized Views for Summary Management
- Partitioning and Materialized Views
- Maintaining Partitions of a Materialized View
- Partition Change Tracking (PCT) Refresh
- PCT Refresh: Requirements
- When Is PCT Refresh Used?
- Partition Key or Partition Marker?
Module 7: Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- Database as a Service Architecture, Features and Tooling
- Software Editions: Included Database Options and Management Packs
- Accessing the Oracle Database Cloud Service Console & Automated Database Provisioning
- Managing the Compute Node Associated With a Database Deployment
- Managing Network Access to Database as a Service & Scaling a Database Deployment
- Patching Database as a Service & Using the Oracle Database Cloud Service Console to Manage Patches
- Migrating from On-premises to Oracle Cloud Database
- Gather Information for Migration
Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning Course Prerequisites:
• Experience developing basic database objects such as tables, views, indexes, and sequences
• Database administration experience
• Working knowledge of index structures
• Familiarity with the concept of data partitioning
• Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
• Ability to use optimization tools such as EXPLAIN PLAN
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) or Grid Control
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!