Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2 Course Overview:
The Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2 certification is a technically-focused validation of skills necessary for the installation, upgrading, and management of the 12c Release 2 Oracle Database. It showcases a deep comprehension of database architecture, memory structure, data dictionary, and backup and recovery techniques. Industries leverage this certification to ensure their database administrators are equipped to manage high-performance, secure databases and facilitate seamless upgrades. This certification empowers professionals to maintain robust systems, ensuring data availability and efficient issue resolution, ultimately enhancing operational effectiveness and minimizing downtime. Recognized globally, it often serves as a prerequisite for advanced Oracle certifications.
• Database Administrators
• IT Professionals
• Technical Consultants
• System Architects
• Network Administrators
• Individuals aiming to learn installation, upgrading of Oracle Database 12c R2
• IT supervisors overseeing database management systems.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2:
The learning objectives for the Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2 course are designed to equip participants with a comprehensive understanding of performing database installations and administering Oracle Database 12c. Students will become proficient in utilizing Oracle Universal Installer (OUI), Oracle Restart, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control. The course also encompasses grasping installation parameters and options, along with upgrading a database to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (220.127.116.11). Furthermore, learners will be guided through comprehending planning and preparation necessities for upgrades, executing database upgrades and downgrades. Ultimately, the course strives to empower participants with practical skills for effective Oracle Database management.
Module 1: Oracle Database 12c Overview
- Oracle Database 12c Introduction
- Oracle Database Architecture Overview
- Oracle Database Instance Configurations
- Oracle Database Memory Structures
- Process Structures
- Database Storage Architecture
- Logical and Physical Database Structures
- Container and Pluggable Database Overview
Module 2: Installing Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
- Overview of Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
- System Requirements for Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Configuring Storage for Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Installing Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
- Upgrading Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Standalone Server
Module 3: Installing Oracle Database Software
- Planning Your Installation
- System Requirements for Oracle Database
- Preparing the Operating System
- Using 4 KB Sector Disks
- Setting Environment Variables
- Checking the System Requirements
- Using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI)
- Performing a Silent Mode Installation
Module 4: Creating an Oracle Database by Using DBCA
- Planning the Database Storage Structure
- Choosing non-CDB or CDB
- Types of Databases (based on workload)
- Choosing the Appropriate Character Set
- Understanding How Character Sets are Used
- Setting the NLS_LANG Initialization Parameter
- Using the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA)
Module 5: Using Oracle Restart
- Oracle Restart Overview
- Oracle Restart Process startup
- Controlling Oracle Restart
- Choosing the Correct SRVCTL Utility
- Oracle Restart Configuration
- Using the SRVCTL Utility
- Obtaining Help for the SRVCTL Utility
- Starting Components by Using the SRVCTL Utility
Module 6: Introduction to Upgrading to Oracle Database 12c
- Upgrade Methods
- Data Migration Methods
- Supported Releases for Direct Upgrade
- Overview of Upgrade Process
- Performing a Rolling Upgrade
- Performing a Rolling Upgrade
Module 7: Preparing to Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c
- Developing a Test Plan
- Performance Testing
- Requirements for Databases Using Oracle Label Security or Oracle Database Vault
- Requirement for Databases Using Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Using the Pre-Upgrade Information Tool
- Backing Up the Database
- Installing the Oracle Database 12c Software
- Preparing the New Oracle Home
Module 8: Upgrading to Oracle Database 12c
- Upgrading by Using the Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA)
- Manually Upgrading to Oracle Database 12c
- Migrating a non-CDB to a CDB
Module 9: Performing Post-Upgrade Tasks
- Migrating to Unified Auditing
- Performing Post-Upgrade Tasks Following a Manual Upgrade
Module 10: Migrating Data by Using Oracle Data Pump
- Data Pump Overview
- Migrating by Using Data Pump
- Importing by Using a Network Link
Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop Ed 2 Course Prerequisites:
• Basic knowledge of Linux operating system.
• Understanding of SQL and any relational database.
• Familiarity with Oracle Database Concepts.
• Prior experience of working with Oracle Database 11g.
• Knowledge of database administration tasks, backup and recovery techniques, and performance tuning methods.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!