Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop Course Overview:
Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop certification is an advanced professional certification offered by Oracle. It validates a candidate’s proficiency in managing and deploying Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) solutions. The certification mainly emphasizes on Oracle Database 19c – the latest version of Oracle’s database software. It includes areas like installing RAC software, creating cluster databases, and administering RAC environments. Industries use this certification to ensure their IT professionals have the necessary expertise to maintain high availability, scalability, and reliability of their database infrastructures. Through this certification, professionals ensure optimal performance and efficient use of resources in a businesses’ database environment.
- Database administrators
- IT professionals overseeing Oracle databases
- Technical consultants handling Oracle database management
- Professionals seeking to enhance their database administration skills
- System analysts working with Oracle databases
- Data center support engineers.
- IT managers requiring knowledge of Oracle databases.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop:
The main learning objectives of the Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop course are designed to equip participants with the necessary skills to proficiently manage Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases, ensuring optimal performance and reliability. During the course, participants will:
- Learn how to effectively install and configure Oracle RAC environments, setting up a robust and scalable cluster infrastructure.
- Master the techniques for managing backup and recovery scenarios specific to Oracle RAC, ensuring data integrity and availability in a clustered environment.
- Develop the ability to identify and troubleshoot common issues that may arise in Oracle RAC databases, enabling quick resolution and minimized downtime.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of services within a RAC environment and acquire the knowledge to manage them efficiently, facilitating effective load balancing and high availability.
- Obtain insights into the interactive relationship between Oracle RAC and other essential components like Oracle Database, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, and Oracle Automatic Storage Management. This integrated knowledge provides a holistic understanding of Oracle’s clustered infrastructure.
Module 1: Grid Infrastructure: Overview
- Grid Infrastructure: Overview
- Clusterware Architecture and Cluster Services
- Oracle Clusterware Initialization
- Grid Naming Service (GNS)
Module 2: RAC Databases Overview and Architecture
- RAC Databases Overview and Architecture
- Cluster-Aware Storage Solutions
- Levels of Scalability
- Parallel Execution with RAC
Module 3: Installing with Configuring Oracle RAC
Lesson 1: Securing Domain Controllers
Lesson 2: Implementing Account Security
Lesson 3: Implementing Audit Authentication
Lab: Securing AD DS
Module 4: Oracle RAC Administration
- Oracle RAC Administration
- Redo Log Files and RAC
- Local Temporary Tablespaces
- Switch between Automatic and Manual Policies
- Parameters That Require Unique Settings
Module 5: Upgrading and Patching Oracle RAC
- Upgrading and Patching Oracle RAC
- OPatch: Overview
Module 6: Managing Backup and Recovery for RAC
- Managing Backup and Recovery for RAC
- Media Recovery in Oracle RAC
- Oracle Recovery Manager
- Distribution of Backups
Module 7: Managing High Availability of Services
- Managing High Availability of Services
- Default Service Connections
- Using Service with Client Applications
- Using Service with the Resource Manager
- Service Aggregation and Tracing
Module 8: High Availability for Connections and Applications
- High Availability for Connections and Applications
- Implementing FAN Events
- Server-Side Callout Filter: Example
- TAF Basic Configuration on Server-Slide: Example
- What Is Application Continuity?
Module 9: Multitenant Architecture and RAC
- Multitenant Architecture and RAC
- Connection to a Non-RAC CDB
- Creating a RAC CDB
- Adding a PDB to a RAC CDB
Module 10: Quality of Service Management
- Quality of Service Management
- Qos Management Policy Sets
- Performance Objectives
Oracle Database 19c: RAC Administration Workshop Course Prerequisites:
- Prior experience with Oracle Database 11g/12c
- Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle Database architecture concepts
- Basic understanding of SQL and PL/SQL
- Solid working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Previous experience in Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) environment
- Familiarity with Oracle ASM and Grid Infrastructure.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!