Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators Course Overview:
The Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators certification equips database administrators with skills in managing, deploying, and utilizing the latest features of Oracle Database 21c, such as blockchain tables, automatic indexing, and enhanced JSON functionalities. Industries value this certification as it verifies the ability of individuals to efficiently operate the advanced options of Oracle Database 21c, leading to cost-effectiveness, operational efficiency, and advanced business solutions in the evolving digital landscape.
- Access Management Administrators
- Security Administrators
- IT Professionals responsible for access control and security management
- System Administrators involved in Oracle Access Management 12c implementation and maintenance
- Professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge of access control fundamentals in Oracle Access Management 12c.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators:
The learning objectives of the Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators course are as follows:
- Enhancing participants’ understanding of advanced features introduced in Oracle Database 21c.
- Learning new functionalities associated with database performance, availability, security, and manageability.
- Understanding the utility and implementation of features such as Blockchain tables, automatic indexing, and the new JSON data type.
- Leveraging the Multitenant architecture’s new scalable sequences and other advancements introduced in Oracle Database 21c.
- Equipping administrators to effectively manage the database while addressing performance, security, and reliability issues in Oracle Database 21c environments.
Module 1: New Features for Big Data and Data Warehousing
- Analytic View Enhancements to SQL and PL/SQL
- Analytic View Enhancements to SQL and PL/SQL
- Practice 1-1: Analytic View Enhancements
- Analytical SQL and Statistical Functions
- Practice 2-1: Bitwise Functions
- Practice 2-2: Enhanced Analytic Functions
- New Analytical and Statistical Aggregate Functions
- Practice 3-1: CHECKSUM Function
- Practice 3-2: SKEWNESS Functions
- Practice 3-3: KURTOSIS Functions
- Machine Learning for SQL
- Machine Learning for Python
- Spatial and Graph
Module 2: New Features for Security
- Oracle Blockchain Tables
- Practice 1-1: Managing Blockchain Tables and Rows
- Authentication and Authorization
- Practice 2-1: Gradual Database Password Rollover for Applications
- Practice 2-2: Enforcing a Minimum Password Length for All PDBs
- Practice 3-1: Auditing Actions on Connected Sessions
- Practice 3-2: Enforcing Unified Audit Policies on the Current User
- Practice 3-3: SYSLOG Destination for Common Unified Audit Policies
- Advanced Security
- Practice 4-1: Setting Up Transparent Data Encryption
- Practice 4-2: Defining the Default Encryption Algorithm for Tablespace Creation
- Database Vault
- Practice 5-1: Installing Oracle Database Vault
- Practice 5-2: Preventing Local Users from Blocking Common Operations
- Practice 5-3: Uninstalling Oracle Database Vault
- Practice 5-4: Cleaning Up the Environment
Module 3: New Features for Management Solutions
- Demo: Connecting to the Training Environment
- Practice 1-1: Configure a DBFS file system
- Practice 2-1: Attention Log File
Module 4: New Features for Performance
- Automatic Operations
- Practice 4-1: Shrinking Secure Files LOBs
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Practice 5-1: Configuring and Observing Automatic In-Memory
- Practice 5-2: Using In-Memory Hybrid Scans in Queries
Module 5: New Features in Multitenancy
- Performing PDB Application Synchronization
- Demo: How to Connect to Training Environment
- Practice 1-1: Synchronizing Multiple Applications in Application PDBs
- MAX_IDLE_BLOCKER_TIME Parameter
- Practice 2-1: Using the MAX_IDLE_BLOCKER_TIME Parameter
- DBCA Time Zone Support for PDB
- Improving PDB Tenancy Management
- Namespace Integration with Database
Module 6: New Features in Sharding
- Sharding New Features
- Oracle Sharding
- Oracle Sharded Database Architecture
- Oracle Sharded Database Architecture Continued
- What’s New in Oracle Sharding 21C
Module 7: New Features for Application Development
- Enhancements for SQL Set Operators
- Expression in Initialization Parameters
- SQL Macros
- Practice 1-1: Using Expressions in Initialization Parameters
- Practice 1-2: Exploring SQL Set Operator Enhancement
- Practice 1-3: Using SQL Macro Scalar and Table Expressions
- PL/SQL Enhancements
- PL/SQL Extended Iterators
- PL/SQL Qualified Expressions
- Practice 2-1: Using Pragma SUPPRESSES_WARNING_6009
- Practice 2-2: Exploring Enhancements to PL/SQL Iterator Constructs
- Practice 2-3: Using Collection Iteration Controls
- JSON Document Store
- Practice 3-1: JSON Document Store
Module 8: New Features in Flashback
- Flashback Database
- Practice 1-1: Flashing Back PDBs to Any Time in the Recent Past
- Practice 1-1: Flashing Back PDBs to Any Time in the Recent Past Continued
Module 9: New Features for Upgrade and Utilities
- Database Utilities
- Practice 1-1: Including and Excluding Objects from Oracle Data Pump Export and Import
- Practice 1-2: Index Compression on Oracle Data Pump Import
- Practice 1-3: Validity Check for Oracle Data Pump Files
- Practice 1-4: Parallelizing Transportable Tablespace Metadata Operations
- Upgrade and Migrations
Module 10: New Features for Globalization
Oracle Database 21c: New Features for Administrators Course Prerequisites:
- Prior knowledge of Oracle Database 12c.
- Familiarity with Oracle Database 19c features.
- Experience in Oracle Database administration.
- Basic understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Proficiency in using Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RAC.
- Comfortable with SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Prior completion of Oracle Database Administration Workshop.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!