Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers Course Overview:
The Oracle Access Management 12c Administration Essentials course is designed to equip administrators with a comprehensive understanding of access control fundamentals in Oracle Access Management 12c. Participants will receive a thorough overview of the Oracle Access Management 12c architecture, its components, deployment considerations, and best practices. By the end of the course, administrators will have a solid grasp of the functional modules in Oracle Access Management 12c, enabling them to effectively plan and deploy the environment. They will also gain expertise in configuring various security controls, such as authentication methods, access policies, authorization rules, and audit trails. Additionally, the course covers user account management, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Oracle Access Management 12c, ensuring administrators are well-prepared to manage and optimize the access control system.
• Database developers looking to enhance their SQL tuning skills
• IT professionals involved in database management
• Software engineers seeking proficiency in Oracle SQL performance tuning
• Oracle SQL developers wanting to optimize code for improved performance
• System analysts requiring knowledge of efficient database operations.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers:
The course is designed to enable participants to:
- Optimal Database Development: Understand the best practices for developing, designing, and indexing Oracle databases to achieve optimal performance.
- Performance Analysis and Optimization: Learn how to analyze and optimize database performance by identifying inefficient SQL statements and utilizing Oracle-supplied packages for tuning.
- SQL Optimizer Influence: Acquire the ability to apply Oracle hints to influence the performance of the SQL optimizer, enhancing query execution efficiency.
- Tuning Advisors: Gain proficiency in using tools like SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Access Advisor to proactively tune Oracle databases.
- Problematic SQL Identification: Develop skills to identify problematic SQL statements and interpret Execution Plans to troubleshoot and improve query performance.
- Real-World Maintenance: Equip developers with practical skills to maintain and optimize real-world, mission-critical Oracle database systems.
By the conclusion of the course, participants should be well-versed in optimizing SQL queries, understanding execution plans, utilizing tuning advisors, and implementing strategies to enhance the performance of Oracle databases. This knowledge and skill set will empower developers to effectively manage and maintain high-performance database systems in real-world scenarios.
Module 1: Introduction
- Workshops, Demo Scripts, and Code Example Scripts
- SQL Environments Available in the Course
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Sample Schemas Used in the Course
- Class Account Information
- Appendices in the Course
- Audience and Prerequisites
Module 2: Introduction to SQL Tuning
- SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) Diagnostic Tool
- Development Environments: Overview
- SQL Tuning Session
- SQL Tuning Strategies
Module 3: Using Application Tracing Tools
- Using the SQL Trace Facility: Overview
- The trcsess Utility
- Formatting SQL Trace Files: Overview
- Available Tracing Tools: Overview
- Steps Needed Before Tracing
Module 4: Understanding Basic Tuning Techniques
- Developing Efficient SQL statement
- Index Usage
- Data Type Mismatch
- Table Design
- Scripts Used in This Lesson
- Transformed Index
- Tune the ORDER BY Clause
- NULL usage
Module 5: Optimizer Fundamentals
- Why Do You Need an Optimizer?
- Query Transformer
- SQL Statement Processing
- Optimizer Features and Oracle Database Releases
- Cost-Based Optimizer
- SQL Statement Representation
- Components of the Optimizer
- Adaptive Query Optimization
Module 6: Generating and Displaying Execution Plans
- V$SQL_PLAN View
- The EXPLAIN PLAN Command
- Plan Table
- Execution Plan?
- SQL Monitoring
- Automatic Workload Repository
Module 7: Interpreting Execution Plans and Enhancements
- Optimizer: Table and Index Access Paths
- Full Table Scan
- Common Observations
- Row Source Operations
- Adaptive Optimizations
- Main Structures and Access Paths
- Interpreting a Serial Execution Plan
Module 8: Optimizer Join Operations
- Join Methods
- Join Types
Module 9: Other Optimizer Operators
- SQL operators
- Result Cache operators
- Other N-Array Operations
Module 10: Introduction to Optimizer Statistics Concepts
- Gather and Manage Optimizer Statistics: Overview
- Optimizer Statistics
- Types of Optimizer Statistics
Module 11: Using Bind Variabl
- Cursor Sharing and Bind Variables
- Cursor Sharing and Different Literal Values
Module 12: SQL Plan Management
- Maintaining SQL Performance
- SQL Plan Management
Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers Course Prerequisites:
• Basic knowledge of Oracle SQL programming
• Familiarity with Oracle database’s basic architecture
• Ability to write SQL queries
• Understanding of database concepts such as indexing, statistics, execution plans
• Basic knowledge of SQL performance tuning techniques
• Prior experience in programming using Oracle PL/SQL.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!