Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop Course Overview:
The Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop is an intensive classroom-based course designed for advanced-level administrators and technical decision-makers. It equips participants with the knowledge required to configure, administer, and monitor Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c effectively. The course covers installation, configuration, monitoring, and management of complex IT environments, including Oracle databases and applications. Participants will gain a detailed understanding of the functionality and features of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c and will be able to set up monitoring for their IT environment by the end of the course.
- System administrators
- Database administrators
- Developers responsible for configuring, managing, and using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop:
1. Understand and use the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c (OEMCC) framework.
2. Understand and set up the monitoring components of Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and Operating Systems using standard OEMCC methods.
3. Describe and implement the patching and provisioning processes of OEMCC resources.
4. Configure and troubleshoot OEMCC monitoring and management agents as well as the operations associated with them.
5. Implement system administration tasks (e.g., backup, storage, and security) using OEMCC.
6. Understand and apply best practices for the deployment, use and optimization of OEMCC.
7. Understand and use the functionality and concepts associated with the different Oracle Databases and Cloud Platforms (e.g., Exadata, Exalogic, Oracle Database Appliance, Oracle Big Data Appliance, etc.) supported by Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
8. Configure and manage cloud infrastructure and applications using OEMCC.
9. Understand the end-to-end application provisioning, management and monitoring process, including vendor-independent application configuration, resource utilization and compliance reporting.
10. Utilize OEMCC to perform the initial setup of cloud targets and monitoring of the existing IT environment.
Module 1: Introduction
- Review Concepts and Pre-requisites Major Themes
- Virtualization with Oracle VM Server
- Oracle Virtual Machines in the Classroom
- Explore the RAC Database Repository
- Explore Oracle Software Installed and Configured
Module 2: Enterprise Manager Deployment Best Practices
- Simple EM Install versus a Highly Available and Scalable EM
- EM HA Deployment Best Practices Summary
- OMR, OMS and Agents Installation Best Practices
- Availability Levels
- SLB for Failover and Scalability
Module 3: Repository Configuration Best Practices
- RAC Database Repository: Best Practices
- MAA Advisor
- Compliance Standards
- Backup of OMR
- Manage and Monitor OMR: Adding agents to OMR nodes
Module 4: Software Library Configuration
- Review of Software Library Concepts
- Software Library Planning
- Software Library Migration
Module 5: Command Line Interface (EMCLI)
- Introduction to EMCLI
- EMCLI Installation and Configuration
Module 6: Load Balancer Setup
- Load Balancer Concepts
- EM Load Balancer Requirements
- Load Balancer Configuration
Module 7: OMS Configuration and Administration
- OMS Configuration Dependencies
- Out-of-Box OMS Configuration and Files Structure
- Best Practice: exportconfig
- OMS Plug-ins
- Expanding the OMS Pool
Module 8: My Oracle Support Configuration
- Setup of MOS
- Access to MOS from Multiple OMSs
- Enable Patching
Module 9: Deploying Oracle Management Agents
- Management Agents Review
- Agents Files Structure
- Agents Deployment/Installation Modes
- Agents Best Practices Configuration
- Agent-specific Plug-ins
- Self-Update Agents
Module 10: Enterprise Manager Security
- EM Security Best Practices
- Secure OMS/Agent communications
- Securing Communication: Firewalls
- Operational Security
Module 11: Monitoring the Enterprise Manager System
- Self-monitoring of EM
- Demo of Key Metrics
Module 12: Recovery Techniques for EM
- OMS Recovery: Role of exportconfig
- OMS Recovery Scenarios
- Agents Recovery
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop Course Prerequisites:
In order to attend the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Advanced Configuration Workshop Training, you should have working knowledge and experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c. You should have working knowledge of the platform versions running on Oracle Grid Infrastructure. You should also have experience using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c for management and monitoring of databases, applications, and host targets. Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is also helpful. It is highly recommended that participants have previous experience in installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!