Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1 Course Overview:
The Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1 certification is a prestigious credential that validates a candidate’s knowledge and skills in managing Oracle Essbase 11.1.2. It involves understanding how to install and configure Essbase, manage databases, analyze data with Smart View, and use life-cycle management. Various industries utilize this certification to confirm that a professional has the necessary expertise to manage and optimize Oracle Essbase – a multidimensional database management system (MDBMS) offering complex analytics and reporting capabilities. The certification, therefore, equips professionals to enhance business process management and ensure accurate, efficient data analysis.
• Experienced system administrators
• IT professionals specializing in database administration
• Professionals managing data management processes
• Professionals looking to upgrade their database management skills
• Existing Essbase administrators for proficiency enhancement
• IT consultants implementing or supporting Oracle Essbase
Learning Objectives of Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1:
The Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1 course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to efficiently manage Essbase databases. The learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the architecture and functionalities of Essbase.
- Effectively using Essbase administration services.
- Understanding and implementing security and permissions to control access to Essbase databases and applications.
- Learning how to create, manage, and monitor applications and databases within Essbase.
- Managing data and performing data load operations proficiently.
- Gaining expertise in troubleshooting issues and optimizing Essbase system performance.
- Automating system tasks to improve operational efficiency.
By the end of the course, participants should be proficient in administering Essbase within their organization’s IT infrastructure, ensuring effective management, performance optimization, and secure access to Essbase databases and applications. This knowledge and skill set will enable learners to be valuable assets in handling Essbase-related tasks and processes.
Module 1: Online Analytical Processing Overview
- Data Transformation
- Multidimensional View of Information
- Dimensional Modeling
- Data Cubes
- Dimension Hierarchies
- OLAP Solutions
Module 2: Essbase architecture, components, and production cycle
- Aggregate Storage and Block Storage
- Load Rules
- Calculation Scripts
- Reporting in Smart View
Module 3: Block Storage Data Structure
- Data Blocks and the Index System
- Block Storage Database Statistics
- Data Block Creation
- Database Calculation Process
Module 4: Aggregate Storage Data Structure
- Table space Overview
- Data Aggregation
- Aggregate Storage Database Statistics
Module 5: Configuring Essbase Server
- Setting up runtime and connection options for Essbase
- Configuring block storage and aggregate storage disk allocation
- Identifying the primary information logs available to Essbase system administrators
- Maintaining the Essbase Server configuration file
Module 6: Essbase Data Integrity
- Ensuring Essbase Data Integrity
- Transactions and Locks
- Isolation Levels
Module 7: Essbase Security Overview
- Essbase Native Security
- Global Access Security Layer
- User and Group Security Layer
- Application Access Type Security
- The Essbase Security File
Module 8: Creating Essbase Security Filters
- The Essbase Security Filter Layer
- Creating Security Filters
- Filter Behavior
- Resolving Security Conflicts
Module 9: Securing the Essbase Environment in Shared Services
- Shared Services Security
- Converting Essbase Users to Shared Services Security
- Provisioning Users in Shared Services
- External Authentication and Single Sign-on
Module 10: Optimizing Block Storage Caches
- Optimizing the Database
- Optimizing Caches
- Setting RAM Caches
- Cache Hit Ratios
Module 11: Optimizing Aggregate Storage Cache
- Aggregate Storage Cache Optimization
- Managing Aggregate Storage Cache
- Viewing Aggregate Storage Cache Statistics
Module 12: Optimizing Buffers and Compression
- Setting Data Retrieval Buffers
- Data Compression Methods
- Setting the Optimal Compression Method
Module 13: Managing Fragmentation
- Measuring Database Fragmentation
- Preventing and Reducing Database Fragmentation
- Removing Security File Fragmentation
Module 14: Managing Applications, Sessions, Usernames, and Passwords
- About Application and Session Management
- Migrating Applications and Databases
- Enabling/Disabling Usernames in Administration Services Console
Module 15: Backing Up, Restoring, and Recovering Essbase Databases
- About Backup, Restore, and Recovery
- Manual Backup and Restore
- Automated Backup and Restore
- Manual Recovery
- Automated Recovery
- Recovering from a Server Interruption
- Recovering Corrupted Essbase Databases
Module 16: Task Automation
- Automating Tasks Using MaxL
- The MaxL Command Shell
- MaxL Statements and Syntax
- MaxL Username and Password Encryption
- Debugging MaxL scripts
Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 for System Administrators Ed 1 Course Prerequisites:
• Detailed understanding of Oracle Essbase
• Knowledge of Windows Administration
• Familiarity with Oracle Hyperion EPM Infrastructure
• Hands-on experience with Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in
• Proficiency in SQL and MaxL scripts
• Basic understanding of other Oracle database systems
• Knowledge of metadata management and cube design.
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in System Administration.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!