Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals course, offered by Oracle University, is an online training program suitable for both new users and experienced professionals. It equips learners with the essential knowledge to efficiently create and manage asset data in a cloud-based environment. The course covers various topics, including ledger account creation, capitalization setup, depreciation processing management, asset disposals and transfers, and running reports. Through hands-on exercises in a simulated Oracle Assets Cloud Environment, students gain practical experience. By the end of the course, attendees will have acquired the skills to set up and maintain asset records successfully within an Oracle Financials environment.
- Financial professionals
- Business users
- Accounting officers and managers
- Asset management professionals
- CFOs (Chief Financial Officers)
- Audit personnel
Learning Objectives of Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals:
1. Understand key concepts and terms related to Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets.
2. Learn how to create asset books and assign depreciation methods.
3. Describe how Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets uses capitalization rules and period-end procedures.
4. Create and maintain asset categories, asset templates, and asset acquisitions.
5. Understand how to manage depreciation and other asset costs.
6. Generate journal entries for depreciation, transfers and adjustments, and retirements.
7. Learn how to run reports for planning and data analysis, as well as configure security for access to asset information.
8. Familiarize yourself with mass addition, mass retirement, and mass transfer processes.
Module 1: Overview of Assets Fundamentals
- Oracle Cloud Implementation Resources
- Using Oracle Help Center
- Understanding Assets
- Examining Assets Tasks, Reports, and Inquiry
Module 2: Introducing Oracle Fusion Navigation
- Examining Simplified Navigation
- Discussing User Interface and Dashboards
- Reviewing Tasks and Search Panel Tabs
- Explaining Infolets Versus Infotiles
Module 3: Introducing Functional Setup Manager
- Reviewing Offerings, Functional Areas, and Features
- Browsing and Configuring Options
- Using Implementation Projects
- Exporting and Importing Processes
Module 4: Overview of Security
- Understanding the Oracle Security Model
- Discussing the Security Console
- Examining Changes to the Common Security Features
Module 5: Configuring Assets
- Implementing Assets
- Discussing Asset Configuration
- Configuring Assets Key Flexfields
- Implementing Asset Locations
Module 6: Managing Asset Books and Categories
- Implementing Asset Books
- Using Ledgers, Subledgers, and Business Units
- Discussing Reference Data Sharing
- Configuring Asset Categories
- Defining Depreciation Rules
- Using Profile Options and Lookups
- Reveiwing Descriptive Flexfields
Module 7: Adding Assets
- Understanding Asset Infotiles
- Creating Assets from Payables
- Reveiwing Assets Landing page
- Adding Assets Manually
- Examining Accumulated Depreciation
- Using Spreadsheets
- Running Mass Additions
- Using Leases
Module 8: Adjusting Assets
- Reviewing Adjustments Infotiles
- Creating Mass Transactions
- Using Asset Transfers
- Performing Mass Category Change
- Reviewing Financial Transactions
Module 9: Depreciating Asset
- Reviewing Depreciation Infotiles
- Implementing Depreciation Rules
- Running Depreciation
- Discussing Depreciation Forecasts What If Analysis
Module 10: Retiring Assets
- Explaining Mass Asset Retirements and Reinstatements
- Posting Online Asset Transactions
Module 11: Accounting and Reporting on Assets
- Creating Accounting
- Entering Journal Entries
- Performing Subledger Accounting
- Reviewing Online Inquiry and Reporting
- Discussing Standard Reports
Module 12: Using Tax Books
- Creating Tax Books
- Performing Initial and Periodic Mass Copy
- Examining Deferred Depreciation
- Adding CIP Assets to Tax Books
Module 13: Appendix A: Listing of Reports and Event Classes
- Understanding Assets Reports
- Describing Assets Accounting Event Model and Classes
Module 14: Appendix B: Common Application Topics
- Understanding Oracle Social Network Objects
- Configuring Key and Descriptive Flexfields
- Using Lookups and Profile Options
- Defining Attachments
Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
There are no specific prerequisites for the Oracle Financials Cloud: Assets Fundamentals Training course. However, it is beneficial to have a basic knowledge of financial and accounting terminology. Additionally, the trainee should have a basic understanding of the financial assets data structure and components of the ledger and assets modules in the Oracle Financials Cloud applications.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!